Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Sir C, I took the GLW to Joy Kitchen in Orpington on Friday night

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maravilloso Marvo View Post
    I think they are still quite happy for you to order 20 poppadoms and a pint of Kingfisher when you get in and then have some clever device to sweep the crumbs from the tablecloth whilst thankfully turning a blind eye to the red stains on their white tablecloths.
    Do you know what I like on my poppadoms, m? Lime pickle. BUT, sometimes I prefer the little salad of tomato and onion and coriander.

Mango chutney can do one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Do you know what I like on my poppadoms, m? Lime pickle. BUT, sometimes I prefer the little salad of tomato and onion and coriander.

Mango chutney can do one.
    Mango chutney is just jam. And putting jam on poppadoms is madness. Love a bit of Lime Pickle. Brinjal pickle's good, too.

I do retain a dirty liking for the sweetish/minty orange/yellow/green yoghurt gloop, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Mango chutney is just jam. And putting jam on poppadoms is madness. Love a bit of Lime Pickle. Brinjal pickle's good, too.

I do retain a dirty liking for the sweetish/minty orange/yellow/green yoghurt gloop, however.
    Gosh yes, that yoghurty thing isn't bad, actually.

I made dahl makhani yesterday. I did it in a Dutch oven over charcoal. Cooked it for 8 hours. Thought I could get that smoky charcoal quality into it, like it had been cooked ina village in the Punjab.

It was shít.

I made dahl makhani yesterday. I did it in a Dutch oven over charcoal. Cooked it for 8 hours. Thought I could get that smoky charcoal quality into it, like it had been cooked ina village in the Punjab.

It was shít.
    'Dutch oven'

Do you even cook indoors anymore? I made an absolutely lovely off-the-cuff fish soup/stew for supper last night. Bit of dill, fish stock, cream, concasse tomatoes, leeks, onions and carrots. Plus some bits of monkfish, cod loin and prawns. Marvellous.

I also have a rather nice recipe for Spanish ribs with a honey and sherry coating, but you'd probably sneer since I cook them in an oven.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    'Dutch oven'

Do you even cook indoors anymore? I made an absolutely lovely off-the-cuff fish soup/stew for supper last night. Bit of dill, fish stock, cream, concasse tomatoes, leeks, onions and carrots. Plus some bits of monkfish, cod loin and prawns. Marvellous.

I also have a rather nice recipe for Spanish ribs with a honey and sherry coating, but you'd probably sneer since I cook them in an oven.
    Cast iron pot. You know the drill.

I use the barbecue if the weather's good most of the time. Those ribs of yours could easily go in the oven but the babecue will just give them a gnat's cóck of something nicer. And it's nice to be outside. Tonight I will do lamb rump on boulangere potatoes for which I need an oven running at 200 degrees, so I'll just fire up the Kamado. Tomorrow I'm doing steaks, so guess what? Kamado. Wednesday will see me try a chicken shawarma recipe I found recently... over charcoal, naturally.

Cast iron pot. You know the drill.

I use the barbecue if the weather's good most of the time. Those ribs of yours could easily go in the oven but the babecue will just give them a gnat's cóck of something nicer. And it's nice to be outside. Tonight I will do lamb rump on boulangere potatoes for which I need an oven running at 200 degrees, so I'll just fire up the Kamado. Tomorrow I'm doing steaks, so guess what? Kamado. Wednesday will see me try a chicken shawarma recipe I found recently... over charcoal, naturally.
    I know it's a cast iron pot, but it's also the term for when you fart in bed and force your partner's head under the covers.

It was shít.
    Good lord. Only on Saturday have I returned from Bangalore where I had the most wonderful dahl makhani (quite my favourite Indian dish) here:

http://dhaba1986.com/

Yummy