Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If this was Arsenal.....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • If this was Arsenal.....

    Honsst answer- how would you feel?

    I'd want to kill the owners. I'd be ****ing furious I'd be seriously questioning whether I could go on supporting the club.

  • #2
    We had Arsene. Could not have happened on his watch.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by pjlincs View Post
      We had Arsene. Could not have happened on his watch.
      Right. And knowing the kind of owners we tend to have, I wouldn't have considered that possibility for a single moment.
      "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

      "But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by redgunamo View Post

        Right. And knowing the kind of owners we tend to have, I wouldn't have considered that possibility for a single moment.
        Usmanov would have had a little snoop down that road for sure.

        Comment


        • #5
          Same I'd be furious because we are a club with history and success and don't need to go down such a route. I suspect if I was a City fan my thoughts would be different though as City were an absolute garbage, nothing club before the Abu Dhabi money came in.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Maravilloso Marvo View Post

            Usmanov would have had a little snoop down that road for sure.
            Right. Sadly, I had to add "tend to have".
            "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

            "But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by John Bunnell View Post
              Same I'd be furious because we are a club with history and success and don't need to go down such a route. I suspect if I was a City fan my thoughts would be different though as City were an absolute garbage, nothing club before the Abu Dhabi money came in.
              Yes, they're vulnerable to this sort of thing in a way we are not.

              Remember "Forward With Frannie!" lol.
              "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

              "But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Maravilloso Marvo View Post

                Usmanov would have had a little snoop down that road for sure.
                Was discussing exactly this in the office. After deluded City fans saying it's exactly the same with The Emirates, I had to go to great lengths to explain that that is a sponsorship deal and not state sponsored ownership which also includes Etihad

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by PSRB View Post

                  Was discussing exactly this in the office. After deluded City fans saying it's exactly the same with The Emirates, I had to go to great lengths to explain that that is a sponsorship deal and not state sponsored ownership which also includes Etihad
                  I do feel sorry for City fans, although that sympathy wont last long if they keep making idiotic comments about how it was worth it.....

                  Over the next few years the extent to which they have destroyed the integrity of the Premier League will become clear. I dont see why any of the other clubs should forgive them.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by PSRB View Post

                    Was discussing exactly this in the office. After deluded City fans saying it's exactly the same with The Emirates, I had to go to great lengths to explain that that is a sponsorship deal and not state sponsored ownership which also includes Etihad
                    "Al Clásico" is a massive game down there, a huge local Derby; not just because it's Us against City at the top of the the Premier League or even a clash between the two competing local airlines or Dubai v Abu Dhabi.

                    It's also fundamentally about two distinct competing business models.
                    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

                    "But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Peter View Post

                      I do feel sorry for City fans, although that sympathy wont last long if they keep making idiotic comments about how it was worth it.....

                      Over the next few years the extent to which they have destroyed the integrity of the Premier League will become clear. I dont see why any of the other clubs should forgive them.
                      As was pointed out in The Telegraph, it's also highly unlikely City stopped cheating 2018, some very spurious deals have take place since then.....

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by PSRB View Post

                        As was pointed out in The Telegraph, it's also highly unlikely City stopped cheating 2018, some very spurious deals have take place since then.....
                        Very much so. And their revenue didnt drop. Are we expected to believe that they stopped pumping in nearly 150 million themselves and somehow magically replaced that income legitimately?

                        I would guess they started doing it differently once they'd been rumbled so it would be a whole new investigation.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X