Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: School just called to inform us my boy fell in the lake so they're sending him home.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    My school had a glider, an armoury and a rifle range, c.
    Well tbf we had 2 handball courts,3 full size Gaelic pitches and an all-weather pitch for the soccer boys

Quote Originally Posted by TheCurly View Post
    Well tbf we had 2 handball courts,3 full size Gaelic pitches and an all-weather pitch for the soccer boys
    I ran around most of them at a fúcking cross country event the once. You cannot begin to guess how fúcking grim that was.

I see that and raise you a swimming pool, two sports halls, squash courts, 4 fives courts, an all-weather hockey pitch, tennis courts, six cricket pitches (converted to however many rugger pitches in winter) including one that is used for county matches - all of course with a full-time groundstaff.

One took it for granted at the time, but looking back it does seem faintly ridicules.

They have a zoo there now. It was opened by the Queen.

I see that and raise you a swimming pool, two sports halls, squash courts, 4 fives courts, an all-weather hockey pitch, tennis courts, six cricket pitches (converted to however many rugger pitches in winter) including one that is used for county matches - all of course with a full-time groundstaff.

One took it for granted at the time, but looking back it does seem faintly ridicules.

We had a swimming pool that me auld fella tiled #proud

We had a swimming pool that me auld fella tiled #proud
    Ours was run by Derren Brown's dad, who as far as I can tell wore swimming trunks all year round. Don't think I ever saw him in trousers.

Ours was run by Derren Brown's dad, who as far as I can tell wore swimming trunks all year round. Don't think I ever saw him in trousers.
    PE teachers.Weirdos to a man

The last sentence B.

"That type of school"

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    The last sentence B.

"That type of school"
    I'm sure he must have worn trousers occasionally, but I have no memory of him other than in speedos. He was a burly, hairy sort of chap. Smoked cigars pretty much constantly and had a gold chain round his neck. It was very much the 1980s

I'm sure he must have worn trousers occasionally, but I have no memory of him other than in speedos. He was a burly, hairy sort of chap. Smoked cigars pretty much constantly and had a gold chain round his neck. It was very much the 1980s
    Cousin by the name of Savile by any chance?

Yes, this is what is so terribly sad; we'll never win the World Cup with

all this school sport going on, poisoning our youngsters during their most important formative years.

For example, the only sport German kids seem to do at school is some sort of calisthenics. Genius really.

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."