Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Excellent. Seems the media has decided it's going to pretend to be morally outraged

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I mean everyone who loves their country. Anyone who doesnt, get that son of a bitch outta here, he's fired!
    You may scoff, but that was another masterstroke from the Donald; lots of the right sort will heartily agree with his position.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    If by "we", you mean cricket lovers, England supporters, then yes, I agree. However, most of the people that pay Stokes' wages couldn't give a stuff about England. Or probably even cricket. Unfortunately, and unforgivably, it is them he has fallen foul of. He who pays the piper and a' that.
    I was out buying a new bed the other day and there was one model that had a big cutout of Joe Root next to it. I was momentarily very confused. What has Joe Root got to do with mattresses?

Anyway, I didn't buy it. It was one of these memory foam abortions. Can't be doing with them.

You may scoff, but that was another masterstroke from the Donald; lots of the right sort will heartily agree with his position.
    I rather liked his speech to the UN, too. Sticking up for the nation state in front of all those ghastly no borders types. Good on him imo.

And let's face it: there ought to be a country called Nambia.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I was out buying a new bed the other day and there was one model that had a big cutout of Joe Root next to it. I was momentarily very confused. What has Joe Root got to do with mattresses?

Anyway, I didn't buy it. It was one of these memory foam abortions. Can't be doing with them.
    So long as you realise and are comfortable with, the fact that your rather, if I may say, selfish and short-sighted behaviour on this may have just cost us the Ashes
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

I rather liked his speech to the UN, too. Sticking up for the nation state in front of all those ghastly no borders types. Good on him imo.

And let's face it: there ought to be a country called Nambia.
    Especially as most people wouldn't actually know if there already was or not.

So long as you realise and are comfortable with, the fact that your rather, if I may say, selfish and short-sighted behaviour on this may have just cost us the Ashes
    I have made my bed*. I shall lie on it.

*Not strictly true. Sealy made the mattress, I think.

I have made my bed*. I shall lie on it.

*Not strictly true. Sealy made the mattress, I think.
    Good old Les.

I probably won't tune in to it anyway. Every other person on TMS nowadays is some woman or other, trying to ̶f̶o̶r̶c̶e̶ ̶w̶o̶m̶e̶n̶'̶s̶ ̶c̶r̶i̶c̶k̶e̶t̶ ̶d̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶o̶a̶t̶s̶ promote the ladies' game

Who exactly are the right sort?

I assume that you mean it makes him look like an ignorant arsehole. I do wonder how much longer this 'masterstroke' will carry on working.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Who exactly are the right sort?

I assume that you mean it makes him look like an ignorant arsehole. I do wonder how much longer this 'masterstroke' will carry on working.
    People who might vote for him obviously. I'm an ignorant arsehole myself; I don't do name-calling.

Anyway, nobody knows the future, I think.

People who might vote for him obviously. I'm an ignorant arsehole myself; I don't do name-calling.

Anyway, nobody knows the future, I think.
    Playing to the base works in times of trouble. It doesnt get you elected. Apart from with Trump, where it did.

I think the point is that he hasn't actually done any of the things he said he would- the things that got him elected. This might explain the lowest approval rating in history more than his rather oafish behaviour.

Build a wall and brings some heavy industry jobs back. If he does that, he can say what he likes.

I wasnt calling you an ignorant arsehole. I have no idea what you mean half the time so I couldn't possibly think you were ignorant