Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Excellent. Seems the media has decided it's going to pretend to be morally outraged

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Right. And that should be the only role model they need. You are almost certainly the only one they can rely on. Precisely as it should be.
    I thought you were a lefty? What about children with rubbish parents
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    No, they only forfeit, or risk, future earnings, not their livelihoods. Same as anybody else.

Whether you anchor the batting for England or you're a transgender who wants to join the CAG, representing your country is a privilege, and not a right. Thousands of people are rejected or overlooked for their preferred role all the time, and for many different reasons.
    THats because they are **** at what they do. This guy is ****ing good and we need him.

I thought you were a lefty? What about children with rubbish parents
    THey are ****ed and their parents are to blame. I dont see why it suddenly becomes Rio Ferdinand's job to bring up your kids (bad example I suppose as he is probably a pretty good role model).

THey are ****ed and their parents are to blame. I dont see why it suddenly becomes Rio Ferdinand's job to bring up your kids (bad example I suppose as he is probably a pretty good role model).
    It's obvious, isn't it. Bad parents need an excuse, any excuse, and Poor old Rio will do. After all, he gets paid enough, doesn't he.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

It's obvious, isn't it. Bad parents need an excuse, any excuse, and Poor old Rio will do. After all, he gets paid enough, doesn't he.
    Precisely. So why shape the world to help bad parents? Leave Rio alone!

THats because they are **** at what they do. This guy is ****ing good and we need him.
    If by "we", you mean cricket lovers, England supporters, then yes, I agree. However, most of the people that pay Stokes' wages couldn't give a stuff about England. Or probably even cricket. Unfortunately, and unforgivably, it is them he has fallen foul of. He who pays the piper and a' that.

Precisely. So why shape the world to help bad parents? Leave Rio alone!
    Don't ask me, Peter; you're the lefty

If by "we", you mean cricket lovers, England supporters, then yes, I agree. However, most of the people that pay Stokes' wages couldn't give a stuff about England. Or probably even cricket. Unfortunately, and unforgivably, it is them he has fallen foul of. He who pays the piper and a' that.
    I mean everyone who loves their country. Anyone who doesnt, get that son of a bitch outta here, he's fired!

Don't ask me, Peter; you're the lefty
    You are a very difficult man to agree with.

You are a very difficult man to agree with.
    You're too kind. You're a very difficult man to agree with too