Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Might I just point out that war clouds are gathering in various parts of the world...

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Mine too. I like the way it says 'Member since' on the front and that mine says '91'. 26 years, mother of God. I like it that there isn't anything as petty as a credit limit, and that when you call them you immediately get to speak to a real human being. In the past couple of years I've even used the concierge service a few times, when I couldn't find a hotel room at late notice, and they have never failed me.

Proper service. wd Amex.
    '99' for me.

I don't really trust MasterCard. I hate them for sponsoring World Cups and the Champions League.

Whatever happened to Access?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The thing that fücks me off is in restaurants, where they use one of those wallet things to hold the bill that they clearly got free from Amex and which clearly displays the Amex logo. So you put your Amex card in there, hand it to the waiter and they say 'Sorry, we don't take American Express'
    then I have to slap out my 2nd favourite card which is my Barclaycard.
    Not so glamorous but they seem to like me and give me ace deals.

least glamorous is my Asda Mastercard.

though in this day and age the shop keeper/restaurant don't really get to see your card

On the other hand he might simply be fomenting unrest in some small but profitable civil war we'll never get to hear about.

Much as one admires his discretion, one does rather resent the lack of juicy tales.
    I imagine that, in his line of work, discretion isn't so much a virtue as a survival instinct.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    then I have to slap out my 2nd favourite card which is my Barclaycard.
    Not so glamorous but they seem to like me and give me ace deals.

least glamorous is my Asda Mastercard.

though in this day and age the shop keeper/restaurant don't really get to see your card
    I find Barclaycard/Visa can be troublesome abroad. My company credit card used to be Visa, but we had to swap it to MasterCard because too many people in foreign parts didn't take it.

'99' for me.

I don't really trust MasterCard. I hate them for sponsoring World Cups and the Champions League.

Whatever happened to Access?
    Access changed their name to Mastercard, I believe. Or were bought by Mastercard. 'Your flexible friend'.

My mother had a black Amex. The fabled 'invitation only' Centurian card. Replacement cards were delivered by motorcyle courier in a presentation box.

I'm still awaiting my fúcking invitation.

I find Barclaycard/Visa can be troublesome abroad. My company credit card used to be Visa, but we had to swap it to MasterCard because too many people in foreign parts didn't take it.
    Actually that's true I had a problem trying to hire a car in Italy once with a Barclaycard visa once. Was annoying.
    They refused to take debit cards too so I had to go back to the airport and try with Hertz.

I wonder if Diners Club still exists. I used to have one just for flying because, bizarrely, in the 80s and 90s most airfields only accepted Diners cards for fuel payments.

Access changed their name to Mastercard, I believe. Or were bought by Mastercard. 'Your flexible friend'.

My mother had a black Amex. The fabled 'invitation only' Centurian card. Replacement cards were delivered by motorcyle courier in a presentation box.

I'm still awaiting my fúcking invitation.
    Without making any assumptions on your lifestyle Sir C. don't you have to use over 250k on it in a year before they consider you for won.

Same here. I would be properly ****ed without the corporate card. It happened once. Terribly embarrassing, although I did get to see how a world class hotel chain turn proper ****ing nasty the second they think you haven't got any money

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Same here. I would be properly ****ed without the corporate card. It happened once. Terribly embarrassing, although I did get to see how a world class hotel chain turn proper ****ing nasty the second they think you haven't got any money
    I hate when these hotel tossers decide to put a massive authorisation on your card.

Though in reality it doesn't make a difference. though I have had them put an auth on my debit card and wasn't pleased.