Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: I've got some nice inch thick sirloin steaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Thanks LA.
    Though I suspect KFC have altered their recipe lately.
    I think the salt nazis have struck again.
    KFC gravy is bizarre, it is never, ever the same. For a fast food restaurant that you'd think they would have a highly consistent offering but the gravy is always different.......always great though

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    The salt nazis are always striking again, Pat. Though they haven't got to the caff at the corner of Neal Street and Shaftsbury Ave yet. The tomatoes in their brekky are, shall we say, very heavily seasoned.

Are you still off the smokes? I had to buy my first 30g, unbranded wad of tobacco yesterday. It's all like something out of 1984.
    The book. Not the year.
    I'm not taking their sh1t, a. I put salt on my toast this morning, as I felt my 'slightly salted' butter wasn't cutting the mustard.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    KFC gravy is bizarre, it is never, ever the same. For a fast food restaurant that you'd think they would have a highly consistent offering but the gravy is always different.......always great though
    I don't think I have ever tasted it sober tbf

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I'm not taking their sh1t, a. I put salt on my toast this morning, as I felt my 'slightly salted' butter wasn't cutting the mustard.
    I started putting salt on my butter. even bread seems extremely bland these days.

So by removing salt we probably end up putting more salt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post

I am an easy customer when I get my chicken I just take whatever. Some people are really picky. 'show me that piece' 'I want 3 legs'

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    They all bland with the same text. we know it's bad but don't insult us.
    Exactly. Self-righteous arseholes with nothing to do all day* but dream up new ways of attacking smokers.

The US still have it right. (even if the buts are the wrong colour)
    they are still like this. and inside you sometimes get a card with promotions or points like the good old days.

That's beautiful, man. Next time someone I know goes to the states I'm going to ask them to bring back a stack of those. Even though I haven't smoked Marbs for 30 years.

* I've no idea what they really do all day. Probably find new foods to ban salt in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Exactly. Self-righteous arseholes with nothing to do all day* but dream up new ways of attacking smokers.

That's beautiful, man. Next time someone I know goes to the states I'm going to ask them to bring back a stack of those. Even though I haven't smoked Marbs for 30 years.

* I've no idea what they really do all day. Probably find new foods to ban salt in.
    I was tempted to buy one of these even if it's a bit gimmicky.

The Smokey Amplifier. micro amp in a real cigarette pack.

I'm sure it was excellent, Charles.

Although why you bought sirloin when there was almost certainly ribeye around, I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I'm sure it was excellent, Charles.

Although why you bought sirloin when there was almost certainly ribeye around, I don't know.
    I choose my steak in accordance with my butcher's recommendation on the day. This week he was particularly pleased with the sirloin, and rightly so.

Food, you may one day learn, is about more than a set of rules you have picked up from watching three epsiodes of The Hairy Bikers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I choose my steak in accordance with my butcher's recommendation on the day. This week he was particularly pleased with the sirloin, and rightly so.

Food, you may one day learn, is about more than a set of rules you have picked up from watching three epsiodes of The Hairy Bikers.
    I was gazing in bewilderment at an episode of that the other day. What those two know about food and cooking I could ram down my jap's eye and never feel it.