Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: I read that Ancelotti says Bayern will benefit from having a winter break.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    I assume you want smoking in pubs etc brought back in then?

Going to the pub is much more enjoyable now that you don't have to cut yoru way through the smog.... air travel is much better than it used to be for the same reason
    No. YOU think it's better. Stop assuming everyone thinks as you do.

Personally, I think pubs are much worse now, as they're full of the sort of people who were put off by fag smoke.

I assume you want smoking in pubs etc brought back in then?

Going to the pub is much more enjoyable now that you don't have to cut yoru way through the smog.... air travel is much better than it used to be for the same reason
    Nah it's rubbish. Everyone stands outside the whole time.

Even the non smokers end up out there which is odd.

The want to get rid of them now they stand with them outside.
    because the smokers are the exciting ones imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    No. YOU think it's better. Stop assuming everyone thinks as you do.

Personally, I think pubs are much worse now, as they're full of the sort of people who were put off by fag smoke.
    OK, I think it's better and I would be shocked if the majority of people also feel it is better...... was even worse going out for a meal and someone smoking at the table next to you
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

OK, I think it's better and I would be shocked if the majority of people also feel it is better...... was even worse going out for a meal and someone smoking at the table next to you
    Mate, you don't drink. You're not really in a position to lecture anyone on the joys of a night out.

And anyway, in the places you eat out, you'd never notice cigarette smoke over the smell of the deep fat fryers, would you?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Mate, you don't drink. You're not really in a position to lecture anyone on the joys of a night out.
    Wow, didn't realise than non drinkers weren't allowed to go out... so sorry

And anyway, in the places you eat out, you'd never notice cigarette smoke over the smell of the deep fat fryers, would you?
    hahahaha A northern stereotype, never fails to raise a laugh

hahahaha A northern stereotype, never fails to raise a laugh
    I wasn't suggesting anything to do with the north. I know lots of lovely restaurants in the north. I was talking about the sort of places you eat out in.

I wasn't suggesting anything to do with the north. I know lots of lovely restaurants in the north. I was talking about the sort of places you eat out in.
    hmmmmm... you might be correct if the kids are with us

hmmmmm... you might be correct if the kids are with us
    I stopped at the services at the M6/A66 junction for breakfast, expecting a motorway services breakfast. It turned out to be one of the most memorable breakfasts of my life. There was also an incredibly posh farm shop and a lovely-looking hotel.

I'm still slightly unsure about whether I might have dreamt it.