Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: A disastrous transfer window is taking shape

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCurly View Post
    It doesn't help that there are very few good players available.Look at Man City,they have spent something in the region of 140 million trying to find a partner for Kompany.Wenger thought he had the centre back position filled with the addition of Holding.How was he supposed to know both Gab and the BFG would get injured in the space of a fortnight?
    Mertesacker was injured nearly six weeks ago. From that point he said he wanted a defender and we still don't have one. There's also plenty of defenders available better than Gabriel, Holding, and Chambers, which is who we have playing next to Kos until the new year.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Mertesacker was injured nearly six weeks ago. From that point he said he wanted a defender and we still don't have one. There's also plenty of defenders available better than Gabriel, Holding, and Chambers, which is who we have playing next to Kos until the new year.
    I think we'll get James Rodriguez. Can he play up front?

Anybody can play up front, it is whether they are any good in that role. World football is not currently overflowing with world class strikers.

Quote Originally Posted by George Morrell's Tache View Post
    Anybody can play up front, it is whether they are any good in that role.
    We need insight like this. Which reminds me, WHERE IS REG?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    We need insight like this. Which reminds me, WHERE IS REG?
    Oh, he'll just be quietly fomenting a civil war or military coup somewhere, fear not.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Oh, he'll just be quietly fomenting a civil war or military coup somewhere, fear not.
    I wonder where? I do hope the weather's nice for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I wonder where? I do hope the weather's nice for him.
    The weather is fine!

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Oh don't get me wrong,Wenger is not blameless in this.Personally I think he should have replaced Mertesacker this time last year.And our injury record is soooooo incredibly fúcking sad,boring and downright maddening.As for better than what we have I just don't see it out there