Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So. 19 years ago, Dennis scred that goal against Argentina.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    almost 90 minutes against 10 men, two missed penalties in normal time. Not sure, ref could have done much more to help the Dutch win it tbf
    All those penalties, see? No use to Dutchmen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    All those penalties, see? No use to Dutchmen.
    Very true - unbecoming to score such goals.

Also remember Dennis hitting the post

No one ever mentions the ball from de Boer, do they. Fúck me, 60 yards, on the run, right onto his toe. Jaysus.
    They do on Ajaxwimb.

Ooh, I saw that, and I've always previously thought thon Ottolenghi was a ****, mainly because Ian Harvey loved him, but I found him rather sweet. His penchant for pomegranate molasses still leaves me a little cold, mind.

'Pomegranate' is a kind of fruit eaten by people in civilised countries. Hold on. 'Fruit' is like a potato but sweeter.
    All his stuff has pomegranates in it, doesn't it? And it's all vegetable and pulses and shïte like that with no fücking spuds, isn't it?

He can fück off.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    All his stuff has pomegranates in it, doesn't it? And it's all vegetable and pulses and shïte like that with no fücking spuds, isn't it?

He can fück off.
    I've been looking after r&e's cat this week. Just got back from the old gaff. Feeling quite nostalgic Reminded me of the night we lost in Munich, and the circumstances surrounding my watching it with you there. Now all is dust.

We've ruined everything

I've been looking after r&e's cat this week. Just got back from the old gaff. Feeling quite nostalgic Reminded me of the night we lost in Munich, and the circumstances surrounding my watching it with you there. Now all is dust.

We've ruined everything
    Thanks for that.

I had a similar sense of things last week. I was there last week for E's graduation. I drove past the place where I took her for her first day at school and then went to her last. She was there, impossibly grown-up and then I left and dropped her bag off at the old house.

Don't mind admitting I wept when I got home for all the years that have passed and everything that's happened.

One ought never to go back. It doesn't do one any good.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Thanks for that.

I had a similar sense of things last week. I was there last week for E's graduation. I drove past the place where I took her for her first day at school and then went to her last. She was there, impossibly grown-up and then I left and dropped her bag off at the old house.

Don't mind admitting I wept when I got home for all the years that have passed and everything that's happened.

One ought never to go back. It doesn't do one any good.
    I remember when you used to walk there to collect her.

I'd have been married 25 years this September. There are things I can't remember now. What sort of dinners did we used to eat, given that j was vegetarian? I should remember, I cooked them ffs! What was the name of the ironiong lady? She worked for us for years and years and I can't remember. Poor Wilbur's dead now, and poor Florence of course. A whole family destroyed and an ironing lady unemployed. It's a tragedy.

I remember when you used to walk there to collect her.

I'd have been married 25 years this September. There are things I can't remember now. What sort of dinners did we used to eat, given that j was vegetarian? I should remember, I cooked them ffs! What was the name of the ironiong lady? She worked for us for years and years and I can't remember. Poor Wilbur's dead now, and poor Florence of course. A whole family destroyed and an ironing lady unemployed. It's a tragedy.
    Did you ever get your wife to lez it up with the ironing lady, or did you find she was not for turning?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Did you ever get your wife to lez it up with the ironing lady, or did you find she was not for turning?
    There is no need for vulgarity. And if you don't mind, I'm having a moment here.

There is no need for vulgarity. And if you don't mind, I'm having a moment here.
    It was a Thatcher joke! Stop naval-gazing like some kind of gender-fluid millennial and acknowledge it!