Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: I read that Ancelotti says Bayern will benefit from having a winter break.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I stopped at the services at the M6/A66 junction for breakfast, expecting a motorway services breakfast. It turned out to be one of the most memorable breakfasts of my life. There was also an incredibly posh farm shop and a lovely-looking hotel.

I'm still slightly unsure about whether I might have dreamt it.
    Tebay. No that's real. I think it's the only independent service station in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Tebay. No that's real. I think it's the only independent service station in the country.
    That's the one. Proper sausages, proper thick cut bacon, the whole thing was fúcking amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    That's the one. Proper sausages, proper thick cut bacon, the whole thing was fúcking amazing.
    I deplore the failure of supermarkets to cut bacon of sufficient thickness.
    Obviously my butcher is a thief who in another time would be suspended from a gibbet for his outrageous profiteering, but I must admit he does at least know how to cure and cut bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    No. YOU think it's better. Stop assuming everyone thinks as you do.
    Comparing someone being forced to breath in smoke which is damaging to their health and then having to go home stinking of cigarette smoke, to being forced to listen to someone espouse a view you disagree with is disingenuous nonsense of the highest order. You'll be comparing it to having to breath in the fumes from my car next.

In my experience, the overwhelming majority of people, including smokers, now agree that pubs and restaurants are much more pleasant places. Banning smoking from pubs and restaurants was the right thing to do on every level, I'm afraid you lost this one Burney.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Comparing someone being forced to breath in smoke which is damaging to their health and then having to go home stinking of cigarette smoke, to being forced to listen to someone espouse a view you disagree with is disingenuous nonsense of the highest order. You'll be comparing it to having to breath in the fumes from my car next.

In my experience, the overwhelming majority of people, including smokers, now agree that pubs and restaurants are much more pleasant places. Banning smoking from pubs and restaurants was the right thing to do on every level, I'm afraid you lost this one Burney.
    I think the point was that pubs aren't supposed to be "pleasant" places

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I think the point was that pubs aren't supposed to be "pleasant" places
    If that was the point, it was a really stupid one