Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lunch?

Lunch?

It's going to be a corned beef sandwich for me.

Yes. Corned beef. How did it come to this?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It's going to be a corned beef sandwich for me.

Yes. Corned beef. How did it come to this?
    Tinned corn beef? I can't eat corned beef other than in hash form when I've cribbled it to buggery until it loses its unpleasant texture. It smacks of dog food otherwise.

Ketchup? Mustard? Pickle?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Tinned corn beef? I can't eat corned beef other than in hash form when I've cribbled it to buggery until it loses its unpleasant texture. It smacks of dog food otherwise.

Ketchup? Mustard? Pickle?
    Sliced corned beef from a packet. I don't know why. I just bought it and now I feel I must eat it. Put it down to a moment of madness.

Ketchup would be disgusting, surely? I can't eat pickles because once the jar has been opened, no one remembers how long it's been in the fridge so the pickles therein could be manky. Mustard possibly.

I was thinking of some tomato and shallot.

You're going for the wurst, I take it?

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    A corporate freebie here:

http://www.spicetraderlondon.co.uk/
    By the time you get home your garlic, ginger and chilli breath will have matured nicely. Be sure to give mrs wes the full blast when you kiss her hello.

By the time you get home your garlic, ginger and chilli breath will have matured nicely. Be sure to give mrs wes the full blast when you kiss her hello.
    Oh yes, absolutely. Preceded by a nice curry belch, just to make sure that she understands that after 20 years of marriage the romance has in no way died

Sliced corned beef from a packet. I don't know why. I just bought it and now I feel I must eat it. Put it down to a moment of madness.

Ketchup would be disgusting, surely? I can't eat pickles because once the jar has been opened, no one remembers how long it's been in the fridge so the pickles therein could be manky. Mustard possibly.

You're going for the wurst, I take it?
    I know people who eat it with ketchup in sandwiches. To be honest, the idea of eating it at all turns my stomach, so ketchup could only help, I'd have thought. Also, pickles are preserves. That means they are designed to keep for ages. Indeed, a pickled onion doesn't really reach its apotheosis until it's been hanging around long enough to develop those little yellow dots.

I may go for that Polish job again. It was awfully good and I quite fancy the Polish lady.

That'll work, although rather a lot of effort. Straight from the packet will be fine. Or the tin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    That'll work, although rather a lot of effort. Straight from the packet will be fine. Or the tin.
    I went with mustard and cucumber in the end. You won't be surprised to learn that it was just as revolting as it sounds.

I went with mustard and cucumber in the end. You won't be surprised to learn that it was just as revolting as it sounds.
    Cucumber's good. Mustard just makes everything taste of mustard, which is fine if you like that I suppose. Corned beef isn't revolting. Coriander is revolting. Did I mention that? Also rhubarb.