Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I feel sick. Was walking down to Clerkenwell from Angel last night and a dog ran past

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I feel sick. Was walking down to Clerkenwell from Angel last night and a dog ran past

me followed by a fat lad screaming “Eleanor, please! Come back! Someone grab the dog!”

I gave chase for about 10 minutes but she got away from us. She thought it was a game so just kept stopping, waiting for us to catch up and then run away again. The bloke was mortified. Said it wasn’t even his dog. Imagine having to tell the owner?

I can only hope someone will pick her up and take her to a pound or something, assuming she didn't meet a grisly end underneath a hipster's unicycle.

On another note, I am definitely very unfit. I had to use my mate's asthma inhaler and I don't even have asthma

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    me followed by a fat lad screaming “Eleanor, please! Come back! Someone grab the dog!”

I gave chase for about 10 minutes but she got away from us. She thought it was a game so just kept stopping, waiting for us to catch up and then run away again. The bloke was mortified. Said it wasn’t even his dog. Imagine having to tell the owner?

I can only hope someone will pick her up and take her to a pound or something, assuming she didn't meet a grisly end underneath a hipster's unicycle.

On another note, I am definitely very unfit. I had to use my mate's asthma inhaler and I don't even have asthma
    What's happened monty? You were a fine specimen when I met you at the 5-a-side.
    Though that was a while ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    What's happened monty? You were a fine specimen when I met you at the 5-a-side.
    Though that was a while ago.
    Kids, work, hernia, Uber.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Kids, work, hernia, Uber.
    I never really used Uber much here. I had a look and it didn't seem that cheaper than a minicab.

Used in LA though it was great.

I never really used Uber much here. I had a look and it didn't seem that cheaper than a minicab.

I got the app only to realise that there are absolutely no Uber drivers anywhere near where I live. Because I live in the country.

The other day, the local police kept tweeting about trying to catch poachers, ffs!

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I got the app only to realise that there are absolutely no Uber drivers anywhere near where I live. Because I live in the country.

The other day, the local police kept tweeting about trying to catch poachers, ffs!
    I would sign up for it but you still need a licence and expensive insurance.

Seems like in the US any old mental can just sign up and do it.

I saw a sticker the other day saying Uber was responsible for over 3,000 rapes and sexual assaults. I wondered whether this was true or propaganda from the union of black cab drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I saw a sticker the other day saying Uber was responsible for over 3,000 rapes and sexual assaults. I wondered whether this was true or propaganda from the union of black cab drivers.
    My driver last night was telling me that from next year TfL are making every Uber driver in London take an English test. If they fail, they can't work for Uber.

I have no idea if this is true, but it strikes me as a potential opening of Pandora's box if so.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Very much the latter, I'm guessing. Although, to be fair, the combination of drunk white women alone in cars with Allans makes a bit of rape and sexual assault inevitable imo.

Is the union of black cab drivers like the society for black lawyers?

I did Uber Pool last night and it cost me £11.50 from Clerkenwell to Highgate/East Finchley and I got to spend the journey with a sexy Irish lass (the other passenger, i mean. The driver was obviously a rabid beardy Allan).

Uber is ace!