Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
Poor old Jimmy - quite possibly doesn't play another Test after this and these ****wits are going to **** up his 600 wickets
Please don't. That's my worry. Everyone's going "Oh, he'll get those two this afternoon" eg MV on BBC. The Times or Graun {I forget which} ran their prepared most important wickets of Jimmy's 600 this morning like he'd already done it.

Buttler's dropped one today. 3 down yesterday including best mate Broad who both heroically affected the run out {showing his skill didn't cost the team} but also meant there was one less wicket JA could take that innings.

The weather's bad, and I could see Jimmy getting injured and ending with 598 or 9 like Bradman's 99.94.

Please, Ganpati, no. I want him bowling in Aus. {Notice the way that everyone said he was past it last test when he beat the bat 100 times. The graphics showed he was swinging it most last test. 1.1 units of whatever. This test he's had the lowest swing. 0.7 units. And taken the edge loads. He was just bowling too well last test.}

I'll let Sibley off cos he's young, new to the cordon and just scored 250. But if that cünt Burns spent more time in slip practice instead of trying to look like a pirate, Jimmy would be done and dusted.

Also, if Pope was as bad as Denley, we could play Root, Stokes, Jos and Foakes at 4-7. But Root's a 4, not 3. Stokes has to bat at 5 or 6. Pope needs to be persevered with. But Buttler isn't a tesst class 'keeper, even if the last 2 innings show that he may have leaned how to bat properly a la Stokes.

But with proper catching, we could have been into them last night and had them 2 or 3 down. With Jimmy have taken 600.