Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My missus us a better WK than Buttler. Those 3 yesterday were flukes. Foakes ton,

My missus us a better WK than Buttler. Those 3 yesterday were flukes. Foakes ton,

btw, I see.

But then, it seems the glw is also a better slip fielder than anyone in England. Why do we have one dressed like him out of Pirates of the Carib?

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    btw, I see.

But then, it seems the glw is also a better slip fielder than anyone in England. Why do we have one dressed like him out of Pirates of the Carib?
    Poor old Jimmy - quite possibly doesn't play another Test after this and these ****wits are going to **** up his 600 wickets

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Poor old Jimmy - quite possibly doesn't play another Test after this and these ****wits are going to **** up his 600 wickets
    Please don't. That's my worry. Everyone's going "Oh, he'll get those two this afternoon" eg MV on BBC. The Times or Graun {I forget which} ran their prepared most important wickets of Jimmy's 600 this morning like he'd already done it.

Buttler's dropped one today. 3 down yesterday including best mate Broad who both heroically affected the run out {showing his skill didn't cost the team} but also meant there was one less wicket JA could take that innings.

The weather's bad, and I could see Jimmy getting injured and ending with 598 or 9 like Bradman's 99.94.

Please, Ganpati, no. I want him bowling in Aus. {Notice the way that everyone said he was past it last test when he beat the bat 100 times. The graphics showed he was swinging it most last test. 1.1 units of whatever. This test he's had the lowest swing. 0.7 units. And taken the edge loads. He was just bowling too well last test.}

I'll let Sibley off cos he's young, new to the cordon and just scored 250. But if that cünt Burns spent more time in slip practice instead of trying to look like a pirate, Jimmy would be done and dusted.

Also, if Pope was as bad as Denley, we could play Root, Stokes, Jos and Foakes at 4-7. But Root's a 4, not 3. Stokes has to bat at 5 or 6. Pope needs to be persevered with. But Buttler isn't a tesst class 'keeper, even if the last 2 innings show that he may have leaned how to bat properly a la Stokes.

But with proper catching, we could have been into them last night and had them 2 or 3 down. With Jimmy have taken 600.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Please don't. That's my worry. Everyone's going "Oh, he'll get those two this afternoon" eg MV on BBC. The Times or Graun {I forget which} ran their prepared most important wickets of Jimmy's 600 this morning like he'd already done it.

Buttler's dropped one today. 3 down yesterday including best mate Broad who both heroically affected the run out {showing his skill didn't cost the team} but also meant there was one less wicket JA could take that innings.

The weather's bad, and I could see Jimmy getting injured and ending with 598 or 9 like Bradman's 99.94.

Please, Ganpati, no. I want him bowling in Aus. {Notice the way that everyone said he was past it last test when he beat the bat 100 times. The graphics showed he was swinging it most last test. 1.1 units of whatever. This test he's had the lowest swing. 0.7 units. And taken the edge loads. He was just bowling too well last test.}

I'll let Sibley off cos he's young, new to the cordon and just scored 250. But if that cünt Burns spent more time in slip practice instead of trying to look like a pirate, Jimmy would be done and dusted.

Also, if Pope was as bad as Denley, we could play Root, Stokes, Jos and Foakes at 4-7. But Root's a 4, not 3. Stokes has to bat at 5 or 6. Pope needs to be persevered with. But Buttler isn't a tesst class 'keeper, even if the last 2 innings show that he may have leaned how to bat properly a la Stokes.

But with proper catching, we could have been into them last night and had them 2 or 3 down. With Jimmy have taken 600.
    Couple of things:

1/ Sibley took his. You've got him mixed up with Crawley.
    2/ You really don't want a 40 year-old Anderson bowling with a Kookaburra ball in an Ashes series in Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Couple of things:

2/ You really don't want a 40 year-old Anderson bowling with a Kookaburra ball in an Ashes series in Australia.
    1. True. All look the same to me.
    2. None bowlers are any good down there. How come Bess is the best spinner in the country? We're gonna get hammered.

Couple of things:

This Ollie Robinson at Sussex looks quite useful - hits the bat hard, as Mike Selvey says and makes the batsman play. Shame he didn't get a run out this summer

1. True. All look the same to me.
    2. None bowlers are any good down there. How come Bess is the best spinner in the country? We're gonna get hammered.
    Not true. Fitness permitting, I think Wood and Archer have the potential to do well down there. Broad does OK in Australia and Stokes actually bowls very well with the old Kookaburra. The mistake would be to take someone like Woakes, who just has no business playing abroad. As to spinners, we've had about two decent spinners in 30 years, so a paucity in that department is no new thing.
    And actually, it isn't our bowling that loses us Ashes series, it's our batting. I'd say there's hopeful signs there if the likes of Pope and Crawley keep developing, Root remembers how to get hundreds and Stokes carries on looking like one of the best bats in the world. If we could find an opener without a spasticated batting style (Christ knows what they're teaching them at Whitgift these days), I'd say we've an even chance.

Not true. Fitness permitting, I think Wood and Archer have the potential to do well down there. Broad does OK in Australia and Stokes actually bowls very well with the old Kookaburra. The mistake would be to take someone like Woakes, who just has no business playing abroad. As to spinners, we've had about two decent spinners in 30 years, so a paucity in that department is no new thing.
    And actually, it isn't our bowling that loses us Ashes series, it's our batting. I'd say there's hopeful signs there if the likes of Pope and Crawley keep developing, Root remembers how to get hundreds and Stokes carries on looking like one of the best bats in the world. If we could find an opener without a spasticated batting style (Christ knows what they're teaching them at Whitgift these days), I'd say we've an even chance.
    Rash needs to play down under. Might as well just play Root as your spinner if picking Bess - Maybe you play Bess and Rashid at Sydney.

If Anderson is fit he goes to Aus. He's been getting better and better in recent years and I recall him bowling in India when we won there off about 5 paces (i.e. he can adapt). He's also been hovering around the 84/85mph mark in this series and he'll always be on the money. May not play in all 5 tests but certainly an asset to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Rash needs to play down under. Might as well just play Root as your spinner if picking Bess - Maybe you play Bess and Rashid at Sydney.

If Anderson is fit he goes to Aus. He's been getting better and better in recent years and I recall him bowling in India when we won there off about 5 paces (i.e. he can adapt). He's also been hovering around the 84/85mph mark in this series and he'll always be on the money. May not play in all 5 tests but certainly an asset to have.
    Let's see how India goes first - potentially ten Tests against them before the next Ashes and that will have a big bearing on the team. Rashid has to prove his shoulder is up for Test cricket, which I very much doubt it is, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post

Fit or not, he'll be 40. I'd offer good odds Anderson doesn't play in Australia. The nature of the selections this summer tells you that Silverwood and Root are looking at establishing a post-Anderson bowling attack prior to going into that Ashes series.