Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This weekend I'm more interested in...

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Did you see the big ugly Gyppo c.unting himself off at the press conference .. “Sausage! .. rabbit! sausage! .. rabbit!”

C.unt! (him not you 7)
    Indeed. The grizzled old bog trotter. Incomprehensibly frothing at the mouth like Rosie Jones at the Hackney Empire, then nutting the smallest bloke in the room. The C.unt

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    I shall be drinking vino and eating custard tarts in Lisbon. I’ll be hoping for a Hammers miracle and wanting Usyk to batter that pikey and his classless entourage into the middle of next week.
    Taberna Moderna near the seaport is worth a visit, 7s. Very good food and wine, cheap wine, and more types of gin than I have ever seen anywhere.

Also, for a laugh I quite enjoyed C Ronaldo's bar. Walking distance to Taberna Moderna.

Pastel de nata - I must have averaged 3 for breakfast each day

Loved Lisbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    The best city in Europe after London and Munich. Enjoy. Trying to remember a restaurant I was taken to on a press trip a few years back. The last of 8 courses (all of them proper courses - none of this tapas ****) was fillet of beef smothered in cheese. Sounds simple but genuinely one of the most incredible things I have ever tasted. Obviously plenty of sea food (octopus - also had some wonderful octopus) but the also know how to feed you artery clogging meat and dairy
    Sounds excellent, LA. I’ll have the defibrillator standing by.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Taberna Moderna near the seaport is worth a visit, 7s. Very good food and wine, cheap wine, and more types of gin than I have ever seen anywhere.

Also, for a laugh I quite enjoyed C Ronaldo's bar. Walking distance to Taberna Moderna.

Pastel de nata - I must have averaged 3 for breakfast each day

Loved Lisbon.
    The meats certainly look superb on the site. I’ve made a note.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    WHat do you reckon, JB? I'd go for Usyk on points but it will be a good fight to get there
    Usyk has an unbelievable knack of working out opponents and being untouchable in the later rounds. He's never come up against anyone like Fury mind. No one ever does tho. The problem with fighting a 280lb monster who has crazy stamina and smothers you with his weight is the getting knackered from it part. I just can't see Usyk being able to counter that as a relatively small HW.

So I think Usyk will be up on points till about round 9 where Fury takes over and floors him.

Love Usyk though. Brilliant fighter. Also Opetaia Vs Briedis rematch on the undercard is well worth a watch.

Quote Originally Posted by John Bunnell View Post
    Usyk has an unbelievable knack of working out opponents and being untouchable in the later rounds. He's never come up against anyone like Fury mind. No one ever does tho. The problem with fighting a 280lb monster who has crazy stamina and smothers you with his weight is the getting knackered from it part. I just can't see Usyk being able to counter that as a relatively small HW.

So I think Usyk will be up on points till about round 9 where Fury takes over and floors him.

Love Usyk though. Brilliant fighter. Also Opetaia Vs Briedis rematch on the undercard is well worth a watch.
    Fair analysis. Still think Usyk will find a way. We'll see

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    I shall be drinking vino and eating custard tarts in Lisbon. I’ll be hoping for a Hammers miracle and wanting Usyk to batter that pikey and his classless entourage into the middle of next week.
    Uninteresting fact. I did my first pill at a club in Lisbon playing French Filter House & Techno back in 2001.

Uninteresting fact. I did my first pill at a club in Lisbon playing French Filter House & Techno back in 2001.
    WTF is French Filter House when it's at home? Of all the countries we did our teknivals in, France was the best. But the music the French sound systems played was the worst. 'ArdTek - 180 bpm *******s without even the humour and variety of Dutch Gabba. Just monotonous drivel.

Here's an example of the humour and variety of Gabba from the early days. Here's 2 tracks from the 4 track Mokum 16 record from 1993. Headbanger:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sIKRQRMyVE

And Pump That Pussy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=my0e7xGmiEQ

Compare them given they were from the same disk, made by the same chap, The Original Gabba.

{My uninteresting fact: Most Gabba was from Rotterdam - back then the Feyenoord team took the pitch to the classic We Are From Rotterdam. But the Mokum record label was from Amsterdam - apparently Mokum is the old name for Amsterdam.}

The following is the music my sound system, Bedlam, was playing when I was with them in the early '90s. While all the clubs and pay raves were playing breakbeats then jungle then D&B, we played tekno. This sub-genre is London Underground Acid. Chris, Aaron and Julian were the first three DJs of our normal line up, the Murph's head**** acid at the peak around 4am, then Aztek's banging choons for dawn and then Bliss's industrial to start your come down, well, give you a reason to bosh more drugs to take you through to the afternoon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AH_5OyCsco&t=261s

If you want to hear the sort of Industrial we'd play on Sunday, here's the six track Industrial Strength 21. Imagine boshing yet more acid on Sunday evening and hearing the metallic frequencies {from tracks A2 and B1 here, for example} coming through our Phillishaves and JBL top horns now the amps are starting to warm up and there's only the hardcore and crew left at the party as we get to Sunday night. Tops.

{And here's a bonus industrial 303 acid track I found when looking for IS2 - Penetrator by Unit Moebius:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnoFJSBl0iU

I hadn't heard that in years.}

But what is French Filter House? And do listen to the Liberator mix - that was our sound. Always preferred our London Underground Acid to Spiral Tribe's own take on hard trance and acid trance.

Ganpati bless.

Filter House was when the French pioneered taking disco samples or even mainstream pop samples, sticking a low pass filter on a 2, 4 or 8 bar loop and slapping a house beat and bass over it. Was massive in the 90s & early 00s. Best examples I can think of...

Alan Braxe & Fred Falke - Intro https://youtu.be/0z0hatNwdGw?si=SJc0VpJd7pbJ7ZR3

Together - So Much Love to Give https://youtu.be/lPKjlbXHP3E?si=4HwrB8SOEIB9v_x5

Don't worry JB, I am sure the effects of it will wear off soon...