Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Arsenal finances

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    He's now back in full training, but I reckon MA will use him sparingly from the bench for the next month or so.
    I doubt we will see him, unless there are a couple of dead rubbers at the end of the season.

It is a long time to be out and it is a very tricky injury. He'll need a long time to get up to speed and, of course, he hasn't really played with everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I doubt we will see him, unless there are a couple of dead rubbers at the end of the season.

It is a long time to be out and it is a very tricky injury. He'll need a long time to get up to speed and, of course, he hasn't really played with everyone.
    If he's back in full training, he'll be back soon. Silly to suggest otherwise. It was a bad injury but nowhere near as bad as some make out. He was back running quite soon after his op

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    If he's back in full training, he'll be back soon. Silly to suggest otherwise. It was a bad injury but nowhere near as bad as some make out. He was back running quite soon after his op
    Doesn't it take a fair while to build up overall fitness though? Match fitness.

I wouldn't fancy sticking him in at the business end of the season if he hasn't played for more than 6 months.

Doesn't it take a fair while to build up overall fitness though? Match fitness.

I wouldn't fancy sticking him in at the business end of the season if he hasn't played for more than 6 months.
    If he's in full training with the rest of the squad then his fitness must be there or thereabouts.

If he's in full training with the rest of the squad then his fitness must be there or thereabouts.
    It may depend on whether/ when Zinchenko and Tomiyasu are back.

Exactly - full training means he has built up his strength. p has a point in that there is often a set back (see Leah ) - but no reason not to play

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Exactly - full training means he has built up his strength. p has a point in that there is often a set back (see Leah ) - but no reason not to play
    We'll see

My hunch is Arteta is going to be reluctant to sling him in unless he has to. Might be a chance to give him some minutes off the bench if we are comfortable in games.

We'll see

My hunch is Arteta is going to be reluctant to sling him in unless he has to. Might be a chance to give him some minutes off the bench if we are comfortable in games.
    Fair - and, of course, we don't need to at the moment, particularly if Tomiyasu is fit.