Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5m for LT, 8m for Leno. Better than paying them to leave, but I would have wanted a

5m for LT, 8m for Leno. Better than paying them to leave, but I would have wanted a

1 in front of both fees. That's not unreasonable, is it? Martinez went for 20m, sameish age, after half a season. Leno's a proven German intl.

And how did we have a deal for the wops to buy LT for 15m and then they just say no?

I get the squad's being rebuilt, and this is looking like a 2nd decent summer window in a row for the first time in ages.

But I think these dastardly foreigners are taking the mick. Do they not have Cheese & Onion Discos over there?

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    1 in front of both fees. That's not unreasonable, is it? Martinez went for 20m, sameish age, after half a season. Leno's a proven German intl.

And how did we have a deal for the wops to buy LT for 15m and then they just say no?

I get the squad's being rebuilt, and this is looking like a 2nd decent summer window in a row for the first time in ages.

But I think these dastardly foreigners are taking the mick. Do they not have Cheese & Onion Discos over there?
    I imagine the club just don't care about the money and would rather just give these players away.

Or perhaps, if clubs aren't prepared to bid higher we have to take what is offered or the player just rots in reserve

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I imagine the club just don't care about the money and would rather just give these players away.

Or perhaps, if clubs aren't prepared to bid higher we have to take what is offered or the player just rots in reserve
    That's the point.

But even ignoring inflation, if we could have bought a Leno for £8m when we were cursed with Almunia, I'd have bitten your hand off. Ditto LT for 6m when we were looking for a Coq upgrade.

Would be nice to get most of the clear out done. I still want another MF - that's where we're weak, and have been ever since we decided to ditch Gwedndo, Ozzy and LT and only buy Partey.

Leno deal…

£3m up front
    £1m for number of PL appearances
    £2m if the stay up
    £2m if the stay up a 2nd time

So at this stage it’s only £3m for a top class premier league proven goalkeeper.

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Leno deal…

£3m up front
    £2m if the stay up

So at this stage it’s only £3m for a top class premier league proven goalkeeper.

Lol
    Pat Vegas Maths says if he plays every game for Fulham we will get £38m for him.
    Genius Don Edu

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Leno deal…

£3m up front
    £2m if the stay up

Lol
    The market is what the market is, Tone. I'm pretty sure if someone had offered more we would have accepted it

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    The market is what the market is, Tone. I'm pretty sure if someone had offered more we would have accepted it
    Every Big Six club bar possibly Man City is struggling to trim the fat of their squads. Possibility that Chelsea - often cited as being good at selling players - will have the following players out on loan this year:

Kepa (bought for 72 million)
    Lukaka (98 million)
    Werner (48 million)

218 million!

Definitely not a sellers' market for the big clubs

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Every Big Six club bar possibly Man City is struggling to trim the fat of their squads. Possibility that Chelsea - often cited as being good at selling players - will have the following players out on loan this year:

Kepa (bought for 72 million)
    Lukaka (98 million)
    Werner (48 million)

218 million!

Definitely not a sellers' market for the big clubs
    What did you think of the Aubameyang deal LA? I thought it odd at the time but perhaps it was correct.

If there is one player we should have got more money for it was TH14.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    That's the point.

But even ignoring inflation, if we could have bought a Leno for £8m when we were cursed with Almunia, I'd have bitten your hand off. Ditto LT for 6m when we were looking for a Coq upgrade.

Would be nice to get most of the clear out done. I still want another MF - that's where we're weak, and have been ever since we decided to ditch Gwedndo, Ozzy and LT and only buy Partey.
    I think Tielemans will come - not too sure if he is the right player but Mikel seems to want him

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    What did you think of the Aubameyang deal LA? I thought it odd at the time but perhaps it was correct.

If there is one player we should have got more money for it was TH14.
    Yeah - Edu said as much about Aubameyang, just a case of shifting him on. Thing is it hasn't seemed to be impinge on our ability to buy this summer so we can't really argue.

We should never have sold Titi, p