Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Sorry, bit behind on the news, but it appears a member of Labour's front bench has

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes. BUT BY DOING SO YOU KEEP HIM IN, FFS!

Put it this way: if - say - Nicky Morgan became Tory leader, they could kiss my vote goodbye. No amount of tribalism could convince me to vote for such a person. Why would you not feel the same about Corbyn?
    Principle, b. I vote for the party, not the leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Principle, b. I vote for the party, not the leader.
    That's not principle, p. Indeed, if the party's principles change and you don't, it is the opposite of principle.

That's not principle, p. Indeed, if the party's principles change and you don't, it is the opposite of principle.
    The core values and the mission never change. Policy is not principle, its the means. Its the ends I vote for.

The core values and the mission never change. Policy is not principle, its the means. Its the ends I vote for.
    The ends in this being Jeremy Corbyn as PM, John McDonnell as Chancellor, Diane Abbott as Home Secretary and Clause 4 in full effect?

Jesus wept, p.

The ends in this being Jeremy Corbyn as PM, John McDonnell as Chancellor, Diane Abbott as Home Secretary and Clause 4 in full effect?

Jesus wept, p.
    Wont be as bad as you fear, b. Its McDonnell you want to watch out for. Corbyn is a picnic compared to him. Proper, old school sack of ****.

Wont be as bad as you fear, b. Its McDonnell you want to watch out for. Corbyn is a picnic compared to him. Proper, old school sack of ****.
    Of course, were such a thing to happen, I would be forced to respect the result of the vote.

However, should certain others feel otherwise and - say - launch a military coup, I would unfortunately be helpless to stop them.