Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: I have now commenced being thrifty. any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I also dislike blocks of 3 seats. nobody travels in a 3.
    You can't win seat wise. if you sit by the window going to the pisser is a pain. sit in the aisle someone will wake you up wanting to go to the toilet or will knock into you as they walk past.

I dislike people on planes who sort of dither around standing about. or dash to the bogs before landing.
    I often won't use the toilet at all.
    The aisle is clearly best, f. The middle seat is clearly the worst. If you've a strong bladder, the window seat's OK. It also gives you somewhere to rest your head when sleeping.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The Wonders of the Orient? The plains of the Serengeti? Rainforest, coral reefs, the snow-capped Himalayas? The organutan, the jaguar, the ostrich? Snacking in a Bangkok night market, watching the Arsenal game in a bar in Kigali, dancing in a New Delhi nightclub? Watching the sun set over the Andaman sea? Afternoon tea at Raffles, a stengah at the E&O, dinner at the Forodhani Gardens?

If I couldn't travel my soul would turn to dust

Dancing? I thought you didn't dance?

Having an McDonalds on Kalakaua Avenue?
    or was it Kuhio avenue?
    It was Kalaka'aua Avenue, wd f! Isn't it Princess Kalaka'aua Avenue? It was that trip that really turned me on to travelling. My eyes were opened to a world of possibilities, like McDonalds serving fantastic roast beef sandwiches.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The aisle is clearly best, f. The middle seat is clearly the worst. If you've a strong bladder, the window seat's OK. It also gives you somewhere to rest your head when sleeping.
    I like the window. I get annoyed before I even have sat down. with that blanket and pillow on my seat. So instantly I have objects I don't want in my limited space.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    And now BT have it.

We're going to have Robbie Savage and Michael Owen on commentary. I say "We". I don't have BT but I'm now wondering why I still have Sky.
    Oh, yes. And a bird's commentating on it. I remember now.

I'm getting so old I can't even remember what I got outraged about last week anymore.

The Wonders of the Orient? The plains of the Serengeti? Rainforest, coral reefs, the snow-capped Himalayas? The organutan, the jaguar, the ostrich? Snacking in a Bangkok night market, watching the Arsenal game in a bar in Kigali, dancing in a New Delhi nightclub? Watching the sun set over the Andaman sea? Afternoon tea at Raffles, a stengah at the E&O, dinner at the Forodhani Gardens?

If I couldn't travel my soul would turn to dust
    I will be returning to Penang and the E&O in January. Cant wait....

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    And you criticised me for describing Enfield Town as a ****hole. You have just written off three quarters of the globe as not being worth getting on a plane
    I have seen pyramids and temples in the jungle of Guatemala while tripping on acid. An utterly incredible experience.

And completely ruined by the flight there and back.

I like the window. I get annoyed before I even have sat down. with that blanket and pillow on my seat. So instantly I have objects I don't want in my limited space.
    The blankets aren't clean, f. I won't touch 'em.

Aircraft. Aeroplane. Either works.
    I find most planes work, although the old 777s are knocking on a bit these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Dancing? I thought you didn't dance?
    I did, back in the day. I pushed out ace bangra moves until 4 a.m. in a club in Delhi one night until, noticing that the atmosphere had changed somewhat at the alcohol took proper hold, I said to the massive Sikh next to me, "I shouldn't really be here, should I? I'm going to get stabbed, aren't I/ I should leave, shouldn't I?" And he replied with utmost gravity, "Very wise, sir."