Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: PEA, shoo-in for Golden boot next season

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    The property looks charming
    So much so that I can find nothing to nitpick
    I have the same bath taps and shower hose
    I don't like the carpet in the living room, f. I like wooden floors.

Passing Welshmen staying at C's makeshift B&B perhaps
    You think I'd admit welshers?

Passing Welshmen staying at C's makeshift B&B perhaps
    Oh, well if that's what's going to go on anyway, he might as well pimp them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I don't like the carpet in the living room, f. I like wooden floors.
    that's on my to do list.

I agree, it sounds unlikely, doesn't it? Perhaps, though, once I have finished working I will seek to reinvent myself as mine jovial host.

That's a point. I could buy a pub.
    No. Ownership of a pub is basically a death sentence for the genetically Irish.

I think what you want it is to retire into obscurity, barely ever have to interact with anyone but your wife and your animals, grow a simply enormous beard and occasionally grunt at people. I think you might also let your personal hygiene go.

Where will you stay? If you're not taking a house I heartily recommend this option.

https://www.nannybrow.co.uk/
    Drunken Duck again - loved staying there even more than eating there. Having a pub below your rooms has its advantages. And the rooms in the main part are very nice, not sure about the out buildings. Breakfast was my favourite meal there - quite exceptional.

I've stayed at Nanny Brow - wasn't a fan.

She's going to knit me a jumper out of Moses wool.
    I brushed Nero the other day and was able to fashion a very convincing merkin from the results.

Not that I actually need a merkin, you understand. But still.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    No. Ownership of a pub is basically a death sentence for the genetically Irish.

I think what you want it is to retire into obscurity, barely ever have to interact with anyone but your wife and your animals, grow a simply enormous beard and occasionally grunt at people. I think you might also let your personal hygiene go.
    I have already decided to keep just one suit, for weddings and funerals, and one pair of black oxfords. Otherwise it's walking gear when outdoors and jim jams indoors.

And I'm going to start drinking at midday. Every day.

Plus he's not going to make much dough from a handful of regulars who only pop in to seek shelter from the rain and manage to make a pint of mild last for the greater part of 30 minutes
    A white wool cardy might suit him though
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Drunken Duck again - loved staying there even more than eating there. Having a pub below your rooms has its advantages. And the rooms in the main part are very nice, not sure about the out buildings. Breakfast was my favourite meal there - quite exceptional.

I've stayed at Nanny Brow - wasn't a fan.
    You didn't like Nanny Brow? I confess, when we stayed we were the only guests so it was like owning a country house and thus exceptional, but I don't understand how you could fail to love it.