Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Haven't watched a match for a while. Can someone explain what the thinking behind

Haven't watched a match for a while. Can someone explain what the thinking behind

making Abaflaps the skipper is? Did Arteta say "as my captain i really don't want to see you actually doing anything out there - just stroll around and get in Lacca's way and if you can get the ball to bounce off your heels on a rare sally forward, that would be great too."

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    making Abaflaps the skipper is? Did Arteta say "as my captain i really don't want to see you actually doing anything out there - just stroll around and get in Lacca's way and if you can get the ball to bounce off your heels on a rare sally forward, that would be great too."
    Well if you haven't watched a match in a while, Herbie, you are clearly not an Arsenal supporter and you should f*ck off to a Spurs board.

I'm guessing it was along the lines of 'he's one of our best players but prone to sulking so let's make him captain so that he feels wanted and loved and obligated to run hard'.

Seems to have worked to be fair.

And if you believe he was running hard on Saturday you clearly weren't watching

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Well if you haven't watched a match in a while, Herbie, you are clearly not an Arsenal supporter and you should f*ck off to a Spurs board.

I'm guessing it was along the lines of 'he's one of our best players but prone to sulking so let's make him captain so that he feels wanted and loved and obligated to run hard'.

Seems to have worked to be fair.
    the match The lazy should c unt have been hooked instead of Lacca

I think his hair piece is holding him back…probably doesn’t want to run to fast or header a ball in case it flies off.

Even at his peak and at his best he could go almost the whole game and not get a touch and then poke one in from 2 yards. that's just the sort of player he is. His whole game is about playing on the shoulder waiting to break the line. He's never been one for linking things up. His legs have gone a bit, only natural for a one time lightening pacey player and that hasn't helped either. Take away his pens and the hatrick against that championship reserve team and the numbers aren't great altogether this year.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

They don’t come back from the Malaria…just ask Kolo…all downhill after he got it.