Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: My missus us a better WK than Buttler. Those 3 yesterday were flukes. Foakes ton,

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Rash needs to play down under. Might as well just play Root as your spinner if picking Bess - Maybe you play Bess and Rashid at Sydney.

If Anderson is fit he goes to Aus. He's been getting better and better in recent years and I recall him bowling in India when we won there off about 5 paces (i.e. he can adapt). He's also been hovering around the 84/85mph mark in this series and he'll always be on the money. May not play in all 5 tests but certainly an asset to have.
    Let's see how India goes first - potentially ten Tests against them before the next Ashes and that will have a big bearing on the team. Rashid has to prove his shoulder is up for Test cricket, which I very much doubt it is, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Let's see how India goes first - potentially ten Tests against them before the next Ashes and that will have a big bearing on the team. Rashid has to prove his shoulder is up for Test cricket, which I very much doubt it is, sadly.
    I doubt Rashid is a serious contender anymore. Moeen was clearly being lined up as England's spin option, but sadly he forgot how to bat and bowl.