Click here for Arsenal FC personalised gift shop

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: I must confess I'm not particularly looking forward to tonight's game.

  1. #1

    I must confess I'm not particularly looking forward to tonight's game.

    My fear, and it's a very real fear in a very real sense, that we are to be gubbed.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    My fear, and it's a very real fear in a very real sense, that we are to be gubbed.
    Oddly, I think we'll win.

  3. #3
    True. But red stockings though; at least we usually wear red stockings against them #properorder


    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    My fear, and it's a very real fear in a very real sense, that we are to be gubbed.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

    "But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    My fear, and it's a very real fear in a very real sense, that we are to be gubbed.
    I'm going to a very nice smokehouse diner for ribs or brisket - I haven't decided yet. I'm rather looking forward to it. If I happen to miss all the game ...

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I'm going to a very nice smokehouse diner for ribs or brisket - I haven't decided yet. I'm rather looking forward to it. If I happen to miss all the game ...
    Is there no option for ribs and brisket?

    I finally plucked up the courage to weigh myself today.

    I have to lose 11 lbs.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Is there no option for ribs and brisket?

    I finally plucked up the courage to weigh myself today.

    I have to lose 11 lbs.
    There is actually - a half and half I got that last time I was there. There was a mix-up in my order and I got a full portion of the ribs. When I questioned it they bought a full brisket portion. I needed to lose 11 lbs after that

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    True. But red stockings though; at least we usually wear red stockings against them #properorder
    Kinky.

    Back in 5.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Oddly, I think we'll win.
    You've taken to the Prozac?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You've taken to the Prozac?
    No, I just think it's exactly the sort of game we would win coming off the back of some lacklustre results against less exalted opposition. It's how it works imo.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    My fear, and it's a very real fear in a very real sense, that we are to be gubbed.
    Is it on telly? I didn't even realise we were playing

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •