Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Most overrated band of all time?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    He is not the Boss of me, sw. Not by a long chalk.

Of course, the worst man for this is Dylan. I simply cannot understand why anyone who loves any of Dylan's songs would go to see him live given that he invariably renders them unrecognisable.
    I went along to see Neil Young a few years back and there was nearly an uprising as he didn't play Harvest or whatever specific album people wanted to hear, despite the gig being very clearly labelled as being him and Crazy Horse.

There was letters to the Irish Times and all I think.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I went along to see Neil Young a few years back and there was nearly an uprising as he didn't play Harvest or whatever specific album people wanted to hear, despite the gig being very clearly labelled as being him and Crazy Horse.

I saw him in Finsbury Park. Very boring, it went on and on and on. THe Waterboys were supporting- they were superb.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

At the very least they ought to publish the set list when you buy tickets imo. And if they intend to fvck about with the songs, they ought to have to say how they're going to do it so that the punters can decide whether or not to bother.

At the very least they ought to publish the set list when you buy tickets imo. And if they intend to fvck about with the songs, they ought to have to say how they're going to do it so that the punters can decide whether or not to bother.
    Where is the fun in that? You can look up the set lists of the tour for most bands as they play the same songs in the same order every night. Wont help you much with a Springsteen show though, aside from working out a trend. THe beauty of the show is wondering whether he will play anything good in the 3 anda half hours he is on stage. If he does, you feel incredibly lucky, like you just witnessed something special.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Where is the fun in that? You can look up the set lists of the tour for most bands as they play the same songs in the same order every night. Wont help you much with a Springsteen show though, aside from working out a trend. THe beauty of the show is wondering whether he will play anything good in the 3 anda half hours he is on stage. If he does, you feel incredibly lucky, like you just witnessed something special.
    Hmmm. That sounds sh1te, tbf. Like going for a meal in the hope that the chef manages to cook one thing properly.

Hmmm. That sounds sh1te, tbf. Like going for a meal in the hope that the chef manages to cook one thing properly.
    Oh no. More like going to a restaurant with no permanent menu, only daily specials. The excitement of not knowing what they will have.....