Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Now I know I'm slightly obsessed by The Guardian, but in this piece, the author

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    That's the danger, though. Allow his namby-pamby reasonableness to go unchecked, and within 2 or 3 generations you've got yourself another swathe of Owen Jones / Abi Wilkinsons fúcking everything up
    "Dont go mistaking me for some whole other body"

Name the film

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I neither know nor care. I think my point is that surely we are supposed to reach a stage where one's sexuality means precisely that and nothing more. where being gay is precisely as significant in one's thought processes and beliefs as being straight.

In other words, a personal sexual preference rather than a set of beliefs that puts one automatically, and without freedom of choice, into a lobby/pressure group/political party/football team.

Would they quite so readily criticise black people or asians for voting conservative?

Leave the benders alone.
    Oh, I've seen articles in The Guardian criticising black people for voting Tory. I think it's perfectly acceptable to consider any kind of 'minority' as owned by the left.

"Dont go mistaking me for some whole other body"

Name the film
    Dunno, you're going to have to help me out here.

Mississippi Bumming.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Of course I see it you goose stepping dutch oaf. I merely alluded to the fact even Stalin and the little corporal, though they may have been mortal enemies, must have seen a great deal of t'other in themselves.
    Well, yes, that is because they were both extremists. I simply wish to maintain some decency in society. My point of view is far from extreme.

"Down here they say rattlesnakes dont commit suicide"

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Mississippi Bumming.
    Correct

Courtesy of google....

He is ****ing here, you know. You bunch of ****s.

And I shall use whatever words I ****ing like thank you very much, Mr ****ing Language Police.

Uptalks.....this is just ****s language for rising intonation and if you ever accuse me of such a thing I shall seek damages, and NOT through the courts.

You have been warned?
    To be honest, all linguistic bets are off as far as I am concerned since b used the phrase 'it speaks to' without shame.

I thought he was one of the good guys.

Correct

Courtesy of google....
    Naturally. I like the bit where they threaten to cut the chap's nuts off with a razor blade and put them in a paper cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Naturally. I like the bit where they threaten to cut the chap's nuts off with a razor blade and put them in a paper cup.
    I like the bit where he beats the crap out of the deputy in the barber shop.