Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Monty's mum when she found out her grandson would be going to a CofE school

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    All faith schools have to allow a certain number of kids from other faiths (or no faith).

It works on a points system, based on how close to the school you live and your attendance levels at a respective place of worship.
    Surely not?

How the fúck can a person vouch for their attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Surely not?

They get a letter from the Priest/Rabbi to show to the school.

No jokes.

Surely not?

Catholic schools are terrible for it, literally have to go and shake the priest's hand after every service to ensure he doesn't tell the school you're not worthy.

One of many reasons I wouldn't send my kids to a Catholic school, main one being I'm not Catholic

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    One of many reasons I wouldn't send my kids to a Catholic school, main one being I'm not Catholic
    You might as well send 'em to a Madrassa, on the indoctrination front.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    You might as well send 'em to a Madrassa, on the indoctrination front.
    I think you are possibly over thinking what goes on in a catholic school.

My two go and I am unaware of anything specific they are taught on this area. Of course there is Holy Jesus and shíte like that but they are informed at home that this is utter nonsense and all made up, while also being told to not repeat these views to their teacher.

Look at me, 14 years of Catholic education and more rounded than a ball.

I think you are possibly over thinking what goes on in a catholic school.

My two go and I am unaware of anything specific they are taught on this area. Of course there is Holy Jesus and shíte like that but they are informed at home that this is utter nonsense and all made up, while also being told to not repeat these views to their teacher.

Look at me, 14 years of Catholic education and more rounded than a ball.
    My father was educated by Christian Brothers - an experience that convinced him that no child of his was ever being allowed anywhere near a Catholic education.
    I remember on one occasion he even went so far as to pull me out of some mission to help the poor or some such shïte the local priest was organising at my school - so he probably saved me from getting nonced off there, I reckon. Cheers dad.