Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Bad omen number one.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    In many respects, the Welsh are the Basques of the UK, aren't they? I suspect the language is nigh on identical as well.
    Actually, no language is even remotely like Basque. It's unique in western Europe in having no Indo-European roots. The only other languages in Europe like that are Hungarian and Finnish.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Actually, no language is even remotely like Basque. It's unique in western Europe in having no Indo-European roots. The only other languages in Europe like that are Hungarian and Finnish.
    Makes sense. "Emery" Varadi, the former West Bromwich Albion and Manchester City forward, was Hungarian, wasn't he?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Fúck me. Every day's a fúcking schoolday.

Fúck me. Every day's a fúcking schoolday.
    Come now. No need for language.

Interesting about the mayonnaise, though, isn't it? I wonder which made the difference? The width of the receptacle? The fact it was plastic? Or the different oil?

Come now. No need for language.

Interesting about the mayonnaise, though, isn't it? I wonder which made the difference? The width of the receptacle? The fact it was plastic? Or the different oil?
    Definitely not the oil. I've used vegetable, sunflower and olive, and there is no difference at all.

I'm going with the acid/metallic reaction, although that's only a guess, naturally.

Today I will poach a nice peice of salmon and serve it with potato salad. Give me 30 seconds and I'll just knock up a batch of mayonnaise for that!

Definitely not the oil. I've used vegetable, sunflower and olive, and there is no difference at all.

I'm going with the acid/metallic reaction, although that's only a guess, naturally.

Today I will poach a nice peice of salmon and serve it with potato salad. Give me 30 seconds and I'll just knock up a batch of mayonnaise for that!
    That's exactly what I did last night! :highfive:

Instead of chives, I put finely chopped wet garlic in my potato salad (ie young, immature garlic that I lifted from the allotment). It's much less harsh than mature garlic and gave a delicious flavour.

I do stink today, though.

Turkish ? Although only a bit of it is in Europe ..