Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I know exactly who is to blame for last night.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    To be fair, you were smoking about 70 a day back then, so probably qualified for the latter category.

I take it you are still eschewing the oily rags?
    Certainly. It is interesting that the difference in lung performance is pretty marginal. I believe that if you smoke tabs and don't exercise, you will be a wheezing cripple, but if you're fit, you're fit, fags or no.

Indeed, I suspect that the whole, 'smoking is bad for you' thing is a load of old cobblers.

Nevertheless, I currently choose not to indulge.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Certainly. It is interesting that the difference in lung performance is pretty marginal. I believe that if you smoke tabs and don't exercise, you will be a wheezing cripple, but if you're fit, you're fit, fags or no.

Indeed, I suspect that the whole, 'smoking is bad for you' thing is a load of old cobblers.

Nevertheless, I currently choose not to indulge.
    And are you a keen vapist now? Does your chosen device billow out great clouds of perfumed mist?

And are you a keen vapist now? Does your chosen device billow out great clouds of perfumed mist?
    I am quite the stylish vapeur. The glw has a device which is adjustable and able to expel splendidly huge clouds; I favour a simpler, stick-like device.

We're down to the lowest nicotine level now. I can see the day coming when we'll sack the whole thing off.

One day I may well return to the fags, of course. I like fags.

I am quite the stylish vapeur. The glw has a device which is adjustable and able to expel splendidly huge clouds; I favour a simpler, stick-like device.

We're down to the lowest nicotine level now. I can see the day coming when we'll sack the whole thing off.

One day I may well return to the fags, of course. I like fags.
    Do you know, you'd probably find the taste of a cigarette fairly repellent by now. Because that's the thing one doesn't realise when one is a smoker - fags taste bloody awful.

Do you know, you'd probably find the taste of a cigarette fairly repellent by now. Because that's the thing one doesn't realise when one is a smoker - fags taste bloody awful.
    This is the advantage (or disadvantage) of rollups. Unlike fags they don't actually taste disgusting.

This is further proof, if such proof were needed, that you were never a smoker. I had a single drag on a Marlboro the other day and it was stunningly delicious.

Oddly, I had no real urge to take another drag.

This is further proof, if such proof were needed, that you were never a smoker. I had a single drag on a Marlboro the other day and it was stunningly delicious.

Oddly, I had no real urge to take another drag.
    Maybe you just haven't been off them long enough. How long is it now?

Maybe you just haven't been off them long enough. How long is it now?
    5 months