Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: The apparent signing of the Brazilian chap, Everton

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Only for a year. We'll be in the Championship the following season.
    We'd never do anything that interesting.

Mind you, I've always fancied a relegation battle and we've been in the top flight for a century, so it's about time.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

Mind you, I've always fancied a relegation battle and we've been in the top flight for a century, so it's about time.
    We had a bit of scare in the 80's, that was unpleasant

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    We had a bit of scare in the 80's, that was unpleasant
    Did we? I know we gave it a decent crack in the 70s, but I don't remember us finishing bottom half in the 80s. We had a slight moment after George left and finished 12th, I think.

Did we? I know we gave it a decent crack in the 70s, but I don't remember us finishing bottom half in the 80s. We had a slight moment after George left and finished 12th, I think.
    82-83, we finished 10th - I actually thought it was worse than that

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    82-83, we finished 10th - I actually thought it was worse than that
    I remember the 14th place in 1994-5. For some reason I never thought we were in danger of the drop, though.

I remember the 14th place in 1994-5. For some reason I never thought we were in danger of the drop, though.
    There were a couple of times that season we were only a couple of points above the relegation zone. istr.

Never once did I wear brown trousers, though...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

we should definitely give it a go. It would be far more interesting than attempting to finish 4th yet again. Also, might get Wiggy Stan to sell up.