Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
Incorrect:

Lacazette is not an "averagely priced striker", he is actually a very expensive striker. Simply because others cost more does not lessen the cost of the other.

We have not fallen further behind Chelsea (as it currently stands). They have perhaps fallen behind others who have aggressively strengthened, City for example, but if anything I would suggest we have maybe improved whereas Chelsea have not.

We will not manage to release all the players you have mentioned.

Lemar will not happen.

We will not manage to tie down the 3 players you have mentioned to new deals, I would actually be surprised if we managed to get one of them to renew at this point never mind all.
Also, we wont be signing a defender. I cant recall us being seriously linked with one and we don't need one.

The idea that we are falling behind City, Chelsea and United in terms of spending is quite funny. We have never competed with any of them on spending. Even when we were just competing with United we didn't match their spending and the idea of competing with City now is absurd. We wont even compete with Everton if they continue their current approach.

Not a problem, just the reality of the business model.