Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hang abouts! If we win our two games in hand on Liverpool we're back in the top four

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    "cruel and oppressive government or rule."

Seems a little extreme.
    What could be more cruel and oppressive than the acceptance that one may only aspire to mediocrity?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    What could be more cruel and oppressive than the acceptance that one may only aspire to mediocrity?
    I thought we were talking about football, though. There's nothing cruel or oppressive about football. It is a leisure activity.

This current appetite for wailing, gnashing hyperbole is reducing all discussion to, well, nonsense.

I thought we were talking about football, though. There's nothing cruel or oppressive about football. It is a leisure activity.

This current appetite for wailing, gnashing hyperbole is reducing all discussion to, well, nonsense.
    No, sticks and stones and a' that. It's just words and pictures, innit.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Who is wailing or hyperbolising? I'm well aware it's just football, but am equally aware that clinging to a vague hope of scraping into the top four at this stage of the season represents failure by the standards that Arsenal Football Club and Arsene Wenger have defined for themselves and thus is nowt for Monty to be getting a chubby about.

Who is wailing or hyperbolising? I'm well aware it's just football, but am equally aware that clinging to a vague hope of scraping into the top four at this stage of the season represents failure by the standards that Arsenal Football Club and Arsene Wenger have defined for themselves and thus is nowt for Monty to be getting a chubby about.
    Yes, but there's nothing tyrannical about it.

Yes, but there's nothing tyrannical about it.
    The tyranny is what you might call your actual metaphor, though.

The tyranny is what you might call your actual metaphor, though.
    I appreciate that, of course.

Perhaps I should tweet about it, or, as we now know it, 'unleash a twitterstorm'.

I appreciate that, of course.

Perhaps I should tweet about it, or, as we now know it, 'unleash a twitterstorm'.
    Perhaps so. Maybe then you could end up having to retire from twitter because you're being trolled like Owen Jones?

I enjoyed Arsene's comments on the people protesting outside the training ground. Essentially 'I wish I could waste my day like that'. Imagine the mouth foaming from the protesters on reading that.

Also, Per donated money to the Mesut Ozil Missing Person Fund

As AWIMB conclusively proved in a lengthy discussion the other week, it's more than a business or leisure activity. Passion. Pwide. Love.

And getting mad and letting off steam is what football was invented for anyway. As an outlet for 19th century workers forced into grinding poverty having had not only their surplus value but their very lives and souls sucked out of them by unrestrained, vampiric capitalism. Great days.