Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dortmund fella

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Only realistic option unless:

a) The stories linking both ex Dortmund players are nonsense
    b) Mkhytarian is arriving with a view to actually replacing the German, which is indeed quite possible

I do perversely enjoy how he appears to be totally overlooking the midfield when all the world is shouting that this is the area which needs most urgent correction.
    That's been the case for about 7 years now, or more.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Shame you didn't see us play when we had Santi Cazorla.

We need to sign Fabinho and play a 4-4-2 diamond :cloid9:

Those successive relegations clearly hampered our spending power though

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Those successive relegations clearly hampered our spending power though
    To be fair to AW if we were to sign a midfield option this month it would potentially cause selection issues in the summer when Goretzka comes at which point he would be correctly accused of a lack of vision or planning.

To be fair to AW if we were to sign a midfield option this month it would potentially cause selection issues in the summer when Goretzka comes at which point he would be correctly accused of a lack of vision or planning.
    I'm looking forward to telling young Leon of your fascination with him when he rocks up here next June. He certainly wouldn't be the answer to our midfield "problems" though, which I believe in most people's eyes are the failure to uncover another Vieira, a player so brilliant that I sometimes think I just imagined that he once came down to Earth and thankfully played for the Arsenal

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I'm looking forward to telling young Leon of your fascination with him when he rocks up here next June. He certainly wouldn't be the answer to our midfield "problems" though, which I believe in most people's eyes are the failure to uncover another Vieira, a player so brilliant that I sometimes think I just imagined that he once came down to Earth and thankfully played for the Arsenal
    Fascination is perhaps over stating it, seen him a few times on the BT channels and has looked good, stood out last summer in the Confederations Cup but as you say I am unsure if he is the elixir to the perceived issues.

In terms of players being the new version of an older or existing player than he is more if anything the new Ramsey in respect of his so called engine and runs into the box type thing whereas we need a new Gilberto Silva I think.

I just love a new midfielder. Who doesn't eh.

Fascination is perhaps over stating it, seen him a few times on the BT channels and has looked good, stood out last summer in the Confederations Cup but as you say I am unsure if he is the elixir to the perceived issues.

In terms of players being the new version of an older or existing player than he is more if anything the new Ramsey in respect of his so called engine and runs into the box type thing whereas we need a new Gilberto Silva I think.

I just love a new midfielder. Who doesn't eh.

I was going to say, the player we need most now is Gilberto Silva.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    He should be our next manager imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post