Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I see the Irish Prime Minister is now trying to suggest that UK planes won't be

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Did you know that if you own your house, you own the land it is built on, the structure, and the sky directly above it, but not the ground beneath - so if you strike oil in your back garden, it doesn't belong to you, but the crown.

I read that on the internet so it must be true.
    Where does one's ownership of the sky above one end? Presumably at the stratosphere. Otherwise, given the motion of the spheres, we would all effectively have timeshare ownership of Saturn, the Moon, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Where does one's ownership of the sky above one end? Presumably at the stratosphere. Otherwise, given the motion of the spheres, we would all effectively have timeshare ownership of Saturn, the Moon, etc?
    Do I look like the ******* offspring of Perry Mason and Patrick Moore, b?

Outer space belongs to Uncle Sam. He said so.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Outer space belongs to Uncle Sam. He said so.
    Did the 1967 Outer Space Treaty not make it clear that it is the province of all mankind? Which may, of course, come as something of a surprise to anything else that may be living out there, but hey.

Did the 1967 Outer Space Treaty not make it clear that it is the province of all mankind? Which may, of course, come as something of a surprise to anything else that may be living out there, but hey.
    Treaties.

"It was a bad deal."