Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slightly :deviant: behaviour last night, watched the women's footy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    But the argument is that because Serena has won more grand slams than any other player in history, male or female, it is only right to describe her as the best tennis player ever.

I don't particularly have a problem with that.
    How can you say she is the best tennis player ever when he hasn't played any male tennis players.... you could argue that you can't call RF the best ever as he doesn't play the best women
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    How can you say she is the best tennis player ever when he hasn't played any male tennis players.... you could argue that you can't call RF the best ever as he doesn't play the best women
    True. One could argue that when we talk about the best footballers ever we don't specifically say they are male. Just the best.

Pele never played against a women's team.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    True. One could argue that when we talk about the best footballers ever we don't specifically say they are male.
    Right, but I think the argument is that we should.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    True. One could argue that when we talk about the best footballers ever we don't specifically say they are male. Just the best.

Pele never played against a women's team.
    Yes. Because it is a given.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    You saying Shay Given is the best player ever... i know you claim to be Irish but that is taking the piss
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Your mum is a given.

Mixed Martial Arts was invented to answer all these questions anyway, wasn't it? Like Mixed Doubles in tennis,
    I suppose.

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Mixed Martial Arts was invented to answer all these questions anyway, wasn't it? Like Mixed Doubles in tennis,
    I suppose.
    That just seems to be a lot of chaps scragging chaps and kicking one another in the shins.

That just seems to be a lot of chaps scragging chaps and kicking one another in the shins.
    My man Sam Harris is well into Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. That's good enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    My man Sam Harris is well into Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. That's good enough for me.
    I like him and he's sound on Islam, but he really needs to get the fùck over himself when it comes to Donald Trump.

Of course. The real problem here is not sexism, its a refusal to acknowledge the obvious fact that men are just better at all [these] things.