Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: This Alabama abortion law

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Some prick on Twitter trying to tell me that it's nothing to do with religion!!
    To be fair, it’s perfectly possible to hold serious objections to abortion on ethical grounds while having no religious faith whatsoever. I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    To be fair, it’s perfectly possible to hold serious objections to abortion on ethical grounds while having no religious faith whatsoever. I do.
    That's basically because you're a bog dwelling mick b. Most of my Irish colleagues, who are largely educated, liberal and decidedly non-religious have a deep distaste for abortion. Usually based on the spectacle of promiscuous females using it as a contraceptive solution.

I do as well but not to outlaw it completely, the current UK law is perfectly reasonable at 24 weeks (i.e. when the embryo is viable)

That's an interesting, and somewhat doubtful, point.

(Excepting your point of view, which is based on I know not what. Too much cider.)