Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Mike Leigh and Alison Steadman.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    You're on form today, LA. Sober?
    Not for long

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Not for long
    A German company has sent in an inside front cover ad with embarrassingly poor English copy on it and we need to go to press with it today.
    I am trying to contact a German company on a Friday afternoon.
    Naturally, this is proving hopeless.
    Lazy, German cünts.
    Last edited by Burney; 02-24-2017 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    A German company has sent in an inside front cover ad with embarrassingly poor English copy on it and we need to go to press with it today.
    I am trying to contact a German company on a Friday afternoon to no effect.
    Naturally, this is proving hopeless.
    Lazy, German cünts.
    Yes - we are something of an oddity in that some of the Germans stay in the office until at least 3.30/4 on a Friday. Most places they have buggered off at lunchtime.

Never ceases to amaze me how people can actually send ads with copy which is blatantly taken from google translate. We've have some absolute corkers from Spanish clients

Yes - we are something of an oddity in that some of the Germans stay in the office until at least 3.30/4 on a Friday. Most places they have buggered off at lunchtime.

Never ceases to amaze me how people can actually send ads with copy which is blatantly taken from google translate. We've have some absolute corkers from Spanish clients
    I wouldn't mind, but these ones are a part of literally one of the biggest industrial companies on earth. There is absolutely no excuse. They'll be the first to fücking moan when someone eventually points out to them their copy makes no fücking sense, of course.

I wouldn't mind, but these ones are a part of literally one of the biggest industrial companies on earth. There is absolutely no excuse. They'll be the first to fücking moan when someone eventually points out to them their copy makes no fücking sense, of course.
    Absolutely - no win situation. Change it without their permission and they'll moan like bitches

Absolutely - no win situation. Change it without their permission and they'll moan like bitches
    Yes. Heaven forfend they do something sensible like hire a native English speaker when all their global comms and marketing information is in English, of course.

Yes. Heaven forfend they do something sensible like hire a native English speaker when all their global comms and marketing information is in English, of course.
    No need to, is there, because everyone everywhere just uses Google Translate. Native English speakers are a practically insignificant minority.

In fact, such people are also at a significant disadvantage; we don't fancy learning other languages much and in a room full of foreigners speaking bad English to each other, American, or Google, English holds sway, in any case.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Not for long
    Long weekend, innit
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."