Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: The absolute scum who wanted us to lose, to hasten the exit of Wenger...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I'd agree with this. For my part, I think the next few years will make us reassess the last few years of AW's reign much more positively.

Without him, we are going to find our natural level and it won't be fun.
    Be fair. We had an incredible run under AW. Once in a generation for a club like ours and at least we had the privilege to have witnessed it.
    Emery, or anyone else will likely fall short. United, City, Chelsea, Liverpool, all capable of spending vastly more on players, and God knows how many managers Liverpool have gone through since they last won the title; proof enough that we should prepare ourselves for a long spell outside of the top 4.

Anything else, really is a huge bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Be fair. We had an incredible run under AW. Once in a generation for a club like ours and at least we had the privilege to have witnessed it.
    Emery, or anyone else will likely fall short. United, City, Chelsea, Liverpool, all capable of spending vastly more on players, and God knows how many managers Liverpool have gone through since they last won the title; proof enough that we should prepare ourselves for a long spell outside of the top 4.

Anything else, really is a huge bonus.
    I'm not denying any of that. I just think that in a few years' time, we'll see that AW was doing everything possible and more with not much and all those external factors weighed against him. The line that he was holding us back will be shown up for the unmitigated balls it is.