Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Early days, of course, but so far the Grenfell Inquiry seems to be leaning towards

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Not even the basic stuff? No properly baveuse omelette at Café des Capucins? No steak frites at Bofinger? No legendary Baba au Rhum at Le Train Bleue?
    Oh, yeah. You can still get the basic stuff, but only at eye-watering prices and it's no better than one could get for less over here. Sad, really.

This stuff still does the old-fashioned brasserie thing well, but the food is nothing special.

http://www.polidor.com/en/

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Oh, yeah. You can still get the basic stuff, but only at eye-watering prices and it's no better than one could get for less over here. Sad, really.

This stuff still does the old-fashioned brasserie thing well, but the food is nothing special.

http://www.polidor.com/en/
    And the posh stuff? You were, perhaps, disappointed by Les Amabassadeurs, L'Astrance and Georges?

They used to be pretty decent. Perhaps they've gone off a bit.

And the posh stuff? You were, perhaps, disappointed by Les Amabassadeurs, L'Astrance and Georges?

They used to be pretty decent. Perhaps they've gone off a bit.
    Balls to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Balls to that.
    Never had the balls. Not in Paris. I once enjoyed a plate of balls in a little Lao place off Sukhumvit Soi 15, but the best part of that meal was that they served beer despite the ban on alcohol due to it being the Buddha's birthday.

Nice, they were. The balls. Never found out whose balls, sadly.

Never had the balls. Not in Paris. I once enjoyed a plate of balls in a little Lao place off Sukhumvit Soi 15, but the best part of that meal was that they served beer despite the ban on alcohol due to it being the Buddha's birthday.

Nice, they were. The balls. Never found out whose balls, sadly.
    Maybe they were the Buddha's

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Maybe they were the Buddha's
    I'm pretty sure they weren't big enough, although God knows I have no intimate knowledge of the Buddha's scrotal contents.

They were quite dinky. I thought perhaps dog.