Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: So the US, Canada and Mexico get the 2026 World Cup.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Yeah, they didn't even bother, really, did they? Even the shape tells you they literally knocked it up on the back of a beer mat about 15 minutes before the deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yeah, they didn't even bother, really, did they? Even the shape tells you they literally knocked it up on the back of a beer mat about 15 minutes before the deadline.
    Yeah, but some of the best work is done that way, b

Exactly, they try too hard these days. The Russians have sort of gone with a wolf suffering from glaucoma
    220px-Zabivaka.jpg
    Last edited by PSRB; 06-13-2018 at 11:38 AM.

Exactly, they try too hard these days. The Russians have sort of gone with a wolf suffering from glaucoma
    220px-Zabivaka.jpg
    Just a white Edgar Davids, it's just a white Edgar Davids

220px-Zabivaka.jpg
    Seems a strange decision not to go with a bear, tbh. Or a double-headed eagle if they wanted to go proper retro.

Seems a strange decision not to go with a bear, tbh. Or a double-headed eagle if they wanted to go proper retro.
    I was just thinking that, even a Siberian Tiger. Don't really think of Russia and Wolves

I was just thinking that, even a Siberian Tiger. Don't really think of Russia and Wolves
    And why is he wearing goggles?

The 1994 World Cup killed football in America and Canada once and for all, I think.

There actually was a very good build up, loads of adds showing brilliant skill, the media was all over it, I think that despite the fact that football is the polar opposite of the traditional North American sports in pretty much every way, the public was actually hoping to be taken in by it.

Then they saw two traditional powerhouses in the final and thought 'this is really going to be a fantastic game!'.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    The 1994 World Cup killed football in America and Canada once and for all, I think.

There actually was a very good build up, loads of adds showing brilliant skill, the media was all over it, I think that despite the fact that football is the polar opposite of the traditional North American sports in pretty much every way, the public was actually hoping to be taken in by it.

Then they saw two traditional powerhouses in the final and thought 'this is really going to be a fantastic game!'.
    Could it kill a sport in canada that has hardly been a big sport at any stage there? Football in the States is doing betternow than it was in 1994... which is strange as the USA doesn't reaaly embrace any sport it isn't very good at
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Though it's strange to have world cups without having a host team be in it. Canada won't qualify.

Does Qatar have a team?