Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I doubt George was too happy about it.

I never forgot it. It still bugs me.
    It rather explains a lot, p

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    It rather explains a lot, p
    That ****ing debacle against Luton in the League Cup final surpassed everything.

I still cant quite believe we lost that game. The period of sustained pressure after we equalised was one of the most intense I have ever seen. We should have been 3 or 4-1 up.

That ****ing debacle against Luton in the League Cup final surpassed everything.

I still cant quite believe we lost that game. The period of sustained pressure after we equalised was one of the most intense I have ever seen. We should have been 3 or 4-1 up.
    Yes that still pains me. Why would get a player who has never taken a penalty to take his first one in a final ffs.

Yes that still pains me. Why would get a player who has never taken a penalty to take his first one in a final ffs.
    I was behind that goal, my first ever visit to the Twin Towers.

So drunk I had to alight and urinate on whatever platform en route. Good days.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I was behind that goal, my first ever visit to the Twin Towers.

So drunk I had to alight and urinate on whatever platform en route. Good days.
    So was I. I was too young to be drunk and thus there was no public urination.

I had a friend from Luton at University who mocked me for three years for that game. I was quite resentful until I visited Luton and realised that since the poor chap had suffered that, he deserved some joy.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I had a friend from Luton at University who mocked me for three years for that game. I was quite resentful until I visited Luton and realised that since the poor chap had suffered that, he deserved some joy.
    Fair enough really - we've had a few good days out since then as well. Absolutely ****ing hated Luton for years after though. Useful airport though

Fair enough really - we've had a few good days out since then as well. Absolutely ****ing hated Luton for years after though. Useful airport though
    it was the first big disappointment I was old enough to fully understand. Still, sandwiched between beating Liverpool the previous year and then Anfield 89....I learned to live with it

it was the first big disappointment I was old enough to fully understand. Still, sandwiched between beating Liverpool the previous year and then Anfield 89....I learned to live with it
    I remember us losing to West Ham in 1980 and feeling that this event was in direct contravention of the way the universe was supposed to operate.
    Last edited by Burney; 11-22-2017 at 03:22 PM.