Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oi Bignose!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maravilloso Marvo View Post
    Oh I'm not sure about that. I live in Bickley these days so not up on local news in Sidcup anymore. My dad was a big fan of the Italian on the corner at the traffic lights so diagonally opposite the little Tesco. Although he got annoyed when they changed the bruschetta recipe so hasn't been back since.
    Do you eat at Tamasha? Best Indian around these parts by a margin, I reckon. Plus, Kenny Sansom used to live upstairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Do you eat at Tamasha? Best Indian around these parts by a margin, I reckon. Plus, Kenny Sansom used to live upstairs.
    I prefer Indian Essence in Petts Wood, Atul Kochhar's place. They do a great tasting menu for £30pp on a Monday which is really great value, if you can get past having a curry on a Monday night.

Quote Originally Posted by Maravilloso Marvo View Post
    I prefer Indian Essence in Petts Wood, Atul Kochhar's place. They do a great tasting menu for £30pp on a Monday which is really great value, if you can get past having a curry on a Monday night.
    Oh yes, I keep meaning to try that and I keep forgetting.

Oh yes, I keep meaning to try that and I keep forgetting.
    Is that ridiculously good sushi place still there?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Is that ridiculously good sushi place still there?
    Yes. But sushi is a lunchtime dish and they only do take away at lunchtime. So fúck them.

I thought our League Cup winning left back was last seen living in a park surrounded by empty wine bottles.

I really wish the club would sort it out. We can afford to pay current players 350k a week, but we can't afford £200 to rent a former skipper a one bed in Hackney. Disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    I thought our League Cup winning left back was last seen living in a park surrounded by empty wine bottles.

I really wish the club would sort it out. We can afford to pay current players 350k a week, but we can't afford £200 to rent a former skipper a one bed in Hackney. Disgrace.
    The real tragedy there of course was that he was drinking Mateus Rosé.

The real tragedy there of course was that he was drinking Mateus Rosé.
    God, I'd forgotten that bit. Must have blanked it out. I didn't even know they still make the stuff.

As you can imagine, I frequented some really run-down offies in search of my Spesh, but I'm sure I haven't seen a bottle of Mateus Rose since the '80s. They all have vile Californian pîss, but none have stooped as low as MR.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    God, I'd forgotten that bit. Must have blanked it out. I didn't even know they still make the stuff.

As you can imagine, I frequented some really run-down offies in search of my Spesh, but I'm sure I haven't seen a bottle of Mateus Rose since the '80s. They all have vile Californian pîss, but none have stooped as low as MR.
    I recently went for an Indian meal with a couple who were keen to show us their local.. as the poppadams were being served, amid a great shoulder of winking and grinning, the waiter proudly displayed the bottle. "Your special wine as usual madam!" She was positively squealing with delight.

Yes, it was Mateus Rosé.

I drank it. Fúck it, I have no pride.

I recently went for an Indian meal with a couple who were keen to show us their local.. as the poppadams were being served, amid a great shoulder of winking and grinning, the waiter proudly displayed the bottle. "Your special wine as usual madam!" She was positively squealing with delight.

Yes, it was Mateus Rosé.

I drank it. Fúck it, I have no pride.
    When you say recently, did you mean 42 years ago?

p.s. a Dennis Bergkamp of grills? It could turn a Greggs sausage roll into a 3* plate of food.