Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The ‘warning’ was by way of a joke, p. Exaggeration for comic effect, sort of thing. I do it rather a lot - I’d have thought you might have noticed by now.

And I’m afraid that when I hear people go on about a desire to ‘be part of something bigger’ I tend to think it’s just a touchy-feels way of saying that they like to go along with the crowd. Fair enough and good luck to them, but I don’t and never have. I’m not one of life’s joiners, p. By which I don’t mean I’m bad at carpentry - although I am that, too.
    The perennial voice of dissent. You are so important to us all, b. You remind of that we must question everything, that we must take nothing for granted, that might is not always right.

Still, you must be a ****ing drag at parties

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    The perennial voice of dissent. You are so important to us all, b. You remind of that we must question everything, that we must take nothing for granted, that might is not always right.

Still, you must be a ****ing drag at parties
    I avoid parties like the plague, p. Awful things full of dreadful people.

I avoid parties like the plague, p. Awful things full of dreadful people.
    Oh good god, so do I. The veryword brings me out in a rash. I would only go to a party to get out of going to a wedding.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Oh good god, so do I. The veryword brings me out in a rash. I would only go to a party to get out of going to a wedding.
    My wife occasionally requires me to attend social events and I’m afraid it now causes me to behave quite badly. I will sulk for days beforehand, building to a crescendo of petulant resentment that almost always culminates in a row. And then we’ll get there and I’ll be sweetness and light, of course, as the muscle memory of sociability kicks in.

I’m not proud of it, but I do just hate it so much these days.

My wife occasionally requires me to attend social events and I’m afraid it now causes me to behave quite badly. I will sulk for days beforehand, building to a crescendo of petulant resentment that almost always culminates in a row. And then we’ll get there and I’ll be sweetness and light, of course, as the muscle memory of sociability kicks in.

I’m not proud of it, but I do just hate it so much these days.
    I find it is the restrictions of decorum that stops you getting blind drunk (as you would with your mates) despite alcohol being freely available that píss on my party chips.

Fúck it. I'd rather stay at home.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”