Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is genuinely extraordinary. This woman seems to believe she lives in some sort

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Nah, you're alright. Better things to do than read the scion of the Safeway fortune grinding her axe for several hundred pages.
    It's usually the richest who are the most complainy. Most of the 'gender pay gap' campaigners are very rich women not earning quite as much as very rich men. Ornry folk are most likely to have gender parity for comparable roles.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    It's usually the richest who are the most complainy. Most of the 'gender pay gap' campaigners are very rich women not earning quite as much as very rich men. Ornry folk are most likely to have gender parity for comparable roles.
    It's also notable that nowhere in that review does she mention anything tricky like FGM, forced marriage, grooming gangs, the hijab/niqab/burka etc, etc - y'know...really nasty actually toxic patriarchal oppression and exploitation.

It's all about problems facing wealthy, western, middle-class feminists - because that's the target market.
    Last edited by Burney; 03-11-2019 at 04:19 PM.

It's also notable that nowhere in that review does she mention anything tricky like FGM, forced marriage, grooming gangs, the hijab/niqab/burka etc, etc - y'know...really nasty actually toxic patriarchal oppression and exploitation.

It's all about problems facing wealthy, western, middle-class feminists - because that's the target market.
    Look. You may mock. But one of our younger, female mates works in a council office. She came round last summer after work, moaning about how freezing the office was now the aircons's on. Because blokes choose the setting and the male body likes it 5C colder than the female one. I explained this to her and told her to take it up with the boss.

When in the tropics, I like the AC colder than the glw but we compromise.

This may seem trivial to you, but why should the female half of the population feel uncomfortable at work?

Why should women put up with having a 57% higher chance of death and injury in a car crash because we only use male crash test dummies?

I can't stand identity politics and victimhood. I've spent my entire adult life trying to bring people together people of all different races, nationalities, religions, castes and socio-economic states.

But the quid pro quo of that is we need understanding. So perhaps blokes need to be told about the AC temp issue and find away to compromise.

Though perhaps you think the totty should be at home instead of trying to do a job that equires them to think properly like a man?

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Look. You may mock. But one of our younger, female mates works in a council office. She came round last summer after work, moaning about how freezing the office was now the aircons's on. Because blokes choose the setting and the male body likes it 5C colder than the female one. I explained this to her and told her to take it up with the boss.

This may seem trivial to you, but why should the female half of the population feel uncomfortable at work?

Why should women put up with having a 57% higher chance of death and injury in a car crash because we only use male crash test dummies?

I can't stand identity politics and victimhood. I've spent my entire adult life trying to bring people together people of all different races, nationalities, religions, castes and socio-economic states.

But the quid pro quo of that is we need understanding. So perhaps blokes need to be told about the AC temp issue and find away to compromise.

Though perhaps you think the totty should be at home instead of trying to do a job that equires them to think properly like a man?
    It's simply a question of manners. If a lady in my offfice told me she was cold, i would turn the heating up or aircon down, as appropriate. That is how a gentleman behaves. And I would never, ever crash a car with a lady inside.

Good manners. Simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It's simply a question of manners. If a lady in my offfice told me she was cold, i would turn the heating up or aircon down, as appropriate. That is how a gentleman behaves. And I would never, ever crash a car with a lady inside.

Good manners. Simple.
    Couldn't agree more, C.

But you may have noticed that not every male Britisher is a gent. Hence the need to show him the facts and make the neanderthal realise his selfishness is making all the ladies present physically uncomfortble.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Couldn't agree more, C.

But you may have noticed that not every male Britisher is a gent. Hence the need to show him the facts and make the neanderthal realise his selfishness is making all the ladies present physically uncomfortble.
    Very often, the ladies present have their shoulders and arms bare and are complaining about the AC being too cold when every other fùcker is sweltering. So who's being selfish?

They can pop on a cardy or they can get to fùck.
    Last edited by Burney; 03-11-2019 at 05:21 PM.

Very often, the ladies present have their shoulders and arms bare and are complaining about the AC being too cold when every other fùcker is sweltering. So who's being selfish?

They can pop on a cardy or they can get to fùck.
    Sometimes, you’re so very Irish.

No English gentleman would treat a lady thus. Shame on you, thick Paddy

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

Good manners. Simple.
    Well if one of the pretty little things where I work starts to shiver and tremble I offer them my coat and sometimes even my sweater. I'll even go so far as a hug to warm them up ( with a crafty squeeze of the bottom too which, contrary to popular belief, most of them don't really mind at all).

And what of the obverse? Where are the howls of outrage because men die younger? Are far more likely to suffer heart disease? Are far more likely to commit suicide? That young men are vastly more likely to be victims of violence? That hugely more money is spent on research and treatment of cervical and breast cancer than on prostate cancer? That white working class boys are routinely at the bottom of the pile when it comes to school performance because they have no forces lobbying for them?

The point is we can all cherry-pick our reasons why we're victims. It's just that when (white) men do it, nobody's listening.

And what of the obverse? Where are the howls of outrage because men die younger? Are far more likely to suffer heart disease? Are far more likely to commit suicide? That young men are vastly more likely to be victims of violence? That hugely more money is spent on research and treatment of cervical and breast cancer than on prostate cancer? That white working class boys are routinely at the bottom of the pile when it comes to school performance because they have no forces lobbying for them?

The point is we can all cherry-pick our reasons why we're victims. It's just that when (white) men do it, nobody's listening.
    Jesus Christ. If you got a similar reply to one of your posts you'd be screaming Whataboutery and Straw Men from the rooftops.

WTF has any of that got to do with the stats she's raised? If you want to write a book about that, do it.

Your reply is as stupid as a Corbynista saying "But what about Palestine" when I talk about the Chinese occupation and oppression of Tibet.

Let's make this really simple:

1. Did you know women are 57% more likely to get ****ed in a car crash?
    2. Do you think this is a good thing?
    3. Do you think we should do something about it if we can?