Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: There's no escaping it, sitting around vaguely working but mainly

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Of course you do. But what you have to realise is that that's your shortcoming rather than theirs. Your contempt is a function of your own narrow-mindedness and represents a severe failure of empathy and imagination on your part.
    I'm dubious about your ability to maintain the moral high ground in this instance. Are you absolutely sure you've never expressed contemptuous sentiments about people in menial jobs?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I'm dubious about your ability to maintain the moral high ground in this instance. Are you absolutely sure you've never expressed contemptuous sentiments about people in menial jobs?
    Footballers for a start.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Oh, not at all! I speak from experience. I once would have sympathised entirely with your sense of awkwardness about this sort of thing.

However, I have had the opportunity to re-examine my attitudes and came to the realisation I have outlined to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Oh, not at all! I speak from experience. I once would have sympathised entirely with your sense of awkwardness about this sort of thing.

However, I have had the opportunity to re-examine my attitudes and came to the realisation I have outlined to you.
    Actually, there's no better way to prompt such an awakening than to be rescued by an AA man a few times as you sit stranded and pathetically helpless like a small child in a shopping centre that's lost its parents.

I f*cking love the AA.