Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: This Harvey Weinstein fellow; he's clearly something of a knob.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    However, I'm somewhat cynical about the claims of those who felt 'violated' because he opned the door of his hotel room wearing a dressing gown. There seems to me to be an element of overreaction here.

It would appear that hyperbole is the new reason.
    Fúcking hell, now his wife's left him! There's loyalty.

Oh, that's fair enough, I think. It seems clear he actually "left" her decades ago, after all.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Perfect opportunity for her to get the best financial settlement out of the divorce.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Perfect opportunity for her to get the best financial settlement out of the divorce.
    Yes, but that's not particularly "modern", is it. It's more commonly known as wanting to have your cake and eat it too, I think.

So far as I can see, it's actually the main reason women will never rule the world
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Well I somehow doubt it was his charm, good looks or sweet personality she was hanging around for. Now he's on the ground and toxic, she can name her figure in the divorce proceedings (or else I'll wash even more dirty laundry in public) and off she will jolly well fvck.

At this level of wealth and celebrity, absolutely everything is a commodity. There is no decency anywhere.

She was worth about £15 million before she married him, to be fair to the lass

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Well I somehow doubt it was his charm, good looks or sweet personality she was hanging around for. Now he's on the ground and toxic, she can name her figure in the divorce proceedings (or else I'll wash even more dirty laundry in public) and off she will jolly well fvck.

At this level of wealth and celebrity, absolutely everything is a commodity. There is no decency anywhere.
    ddddddddddd

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    ddddddddddd
    Fair enough. Then she liked the power and influence being married to him brought. Association with him no longer has any benefits, so she bails.
    After all, it’s not like we’re pretending she didn’t know, are we?