Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: May I be the first to congratulate James Vince on what was a most marvellous innings.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    It was great watching them start to twitch when the runs began to dry up. They were itching to get after a few balls but you could see them telling themselves not to. Stoneman looked quite organised and fairly comfortable from the start.

I didnt notice Vince playing away from his body, thought he looked quite tidy. I recall seeing that repeatedly with Westley in the summer and it winds me up.
    Maybe I'm being harsh. I saw him going at a couple of wide ones he should have left well alone. Westley was terrible for it, you're right. I don't really understand how you can learn your cricket in England and bat like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Maybe I'm being harsh. I saw him going at a couple of wide ones he should have left well alone. Westley was terrible for it, you're right. I don't really understand how you can learn your cricket in England and bat like that.
    I dont really understand how you can play the shot. How do you control a drive with your hands that far away from your head and body?

Its disgusting, that's what it is....

I thought Cook's dismissal was a bit ****e. He seems to be playing that a long way ahead of himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I dont really understand how you can play the shot. How do you control a drive with your hands that far away from your head and body?

Its disgusting, that's what it is....

I thought Cook's dismissal was a bit ****e. He seems to be playing that a long way ahead of himself.
    If you can trust the bounce, have a good enough eye and the bloody thing's not going to deviate, you can just play on length and get away with it.

Trescothick, after all, had a decent test career by simply planting his foot straight down the wicket and just thumping the bloody thing.

Cook's always a candidate for that if you can get the ball in the right place early in his innings.