Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I didn't like yesterday. I thought it should be a more celebratory experience

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    I did say almost all. As Burney has noted, what was Arsenal to older fans has pretty much died now. Arsenal Fan TV is more representative than the 'values' we used to have.
    I am sure I am almost as old as the two of you (I think I am a bit older than Burney).

I grew up with the old Arsenal of Hill-Woods, bank of england club and footballing mediocrity. But then George Graham appeared and I have been hooked on the idea ever since that Arsenal being good is a wonderful thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I am sure I am almost as old as the two of you (I think I am a bit older than Burney).

I grew up with the old Arsenal of Hill-Woods, bank of england club and footballing mediocrity. But then George Graham appeared and I have been hooked on the idea ever since that Arsenal being good is a wonderful thing.
    But we became a force for evil under GG, p.

Granted it was quite amusing to be the pantomime villains at times, but we were awful between 1991 and 1995.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post

Being good?

1992-93

Finished 10th. 7 points above the last relegated team.

Tone lifted two cups, dropped one Morrow

That was a pretty successful campaign despite us being very average all season, istr.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”