Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now Myleene Klass has got in on the Harvey Weinstein act.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    This witch hunt is clearly being driven by the rabid anti-semitism of the left.

Bill Clinton gets a pass, while the jew is burnt at the stake.
    Yes. Mind you, it might have helped if the Jew in question hadn't been behaving like something Julius Streicher came up with in a particularly fevered wet dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes. Mind you, it might have helped if the Jew in question hadn't been behaving like something Julius Streicher came up with in a particularly fevered wet dream.
    'Alleged' to have been behaving.

This fashion for trial by mob is more than a little disturbing. I'd definietly be changing my job if I were a paediatrician.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    'Alleged' to have been behaving.

This fashion for trial by mob is more than a little disturbing. I'd definietly be changing my job if I were a paediatrician.
    To be fair, I don't think Bill Clinton has been convicted of anything either.

To be fair, I don't think Bill Clinton has been convicted of anything either.
    It is quite incredible that the accusations of rape are being treated in the same moral context as the accusations of sexual harassment.

It remains eminently possible that the guy - while almost certainly a horrible, self-entitled sexual creep - has done absolutely nothing criminally wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    It is quite incredible that the accusations of rape are being treated in the same moral context as the accusations of sexual harassment.

It remains eminently possible that the guy - while almost certainly a horrible, self-entitled sexual creep - has done absolutely nothing criminally wrong.
    As I said the other day, I think a lot of women who've happily benefitted from the casting couch are now using this furore to frame themselves as victims - or indeed to mask their activities by claiming he propositioned them but they refused.

Otherwise, you'd have to say that he had a very poor strike rate, wouldn't you?

As I said the other day, I think a lot of women who've happily benefitted from the casting couch are now using this furore to frame themselves as victims - or indeed to mask their activities by claiming he propositioned them but they refused.

Take this quote from Kate Beckinsdale:

"I was called to meet Harvey Weinstein at the Savoy Hotel when I was 17. When I arrived, reception told me to go to his room. He opened the door in his bathrobe. I was incredibly naive and young and it did not cross my mind that this older, unattractive man would expect me to have any sexual interest in him. After declining alcohol and announcing that I had school in the morning I left, uneasy but unscathed. A few years later he asked me if he had tried anything with me in that first meeting. I realized he couldn't remember if he had assaulted me or not."

The way she phrases this makes it sound as if Weinstein has only ever assaulted women, and could never have simply coerced them into concensual sex. Maybe he just couldn't remember if he'd fúcked her or not?

"I was called to meet Harvey Weinstein at the Savoy Hotel when I was 17. When I arrived, reception told me to go to his room. He opened the door in his bathrobe. I was incredibly naive and young and it did not cross my mind that this older, unattractive man would expect me to have any sexual interest in him. After declining alcohol and announcing that I had school in the morning I left, uneasy but unscathed. A few years later he asked me if he had tried anything with me in that first meeting. I realized he couldn't remember if he had assaulted me or not."

The way she phrases this makes it sound as if Weinstein has only ever assaulted women, and could never have simply coerced them into concensual sex. Maybe he just couldn't remember if he'd fúcked her or not?
    Well that quote is a classic example of condemnation by suggestion. He's actually done nothing in that anecdote at all that is illegal as far as I'm aware. Creepy, sure, but not illegal or even particularly sleazy.

I think it is very difficult to form an opinion on this without a picture of a 17-year-old Kate Beckinsale, possibly in her school uniform

In fairness, he couldn't be expected to get everyone an Academy award, could he.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Weren't you arguing the other day that he was merely conducting mutually beneficial transactions?