Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: A little while ago a picture of some women from Sweden's "feminist government"

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Yes, I agree with that. My point was that I think the imposition is based more on cultural grounds than religious grounds. I've always suspected that Muslim women cover up largely because historically their countries have been violent, uncivilized places where attractive women are a pretty good target.
    I think you're staggeringly naive.

But here's what we also know. If every Muslim in the world woke up one morning with the realisation that their holy book that preaches female modesty is man-made bull****, then after a few years of of guilt-free lusting and w*nking over exposed female ankles, the 'cultural' imperative for women to dress modestly would disappear.
    Last edited by Monty92; 02-13-2017 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    They cover up because if they don't, the religious police will whip them.

Fúcking hell, do you live in a box, completely isolated from any means of educating yourself?
    In Iran, you mean? Or more specifically in Tehran? Yes, I would expect the majority of women inn Tehran wear a head dress because they are afraid not to. Some will do it because they prefer it, of course. Outside of the large cities I expect they do so because their families have done so for generations.

Outside of Iran there will also be a variety of motivations. In the UAE, as an example, where almost a third of government representatives are women, many do not and those that do probably do so out of choice.

It's a big, complex world, Charles.

In Iran, you mean? Or more specifically in Tehran? Yes, I would expect the majority of women inn Tehran wear a head dress because they are afraid not to. Some will do it because they prefer it, of course. Outside of the large cities I expect they do so because their families have done so for generations.

Outside of Iran there will also be a variety of motivations. In the UAE, as an example, where almost a third of government representatives are women, many do not and those that do probably do so out of choice.

It's a big, complex world, Charles.
    Somalia, Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, Pakistan and the numerous other places where women have no choice but to conform to a religiously-mandated dress code; this is a matter of Islam, not latitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I think you're staggeringly naive.

But here's what we also know. If every Muslim in the world woke up one morning with the realisation that their holy book that preaches female modesty is man-made bull****, then after a few years of of guilt-free lusting and w*nking over exposed female ankles, the 'cultural' imperative for women to dress modestly would disappear.
    Below is a picture of Yazidis women. Yazidis are not Muslims, Monty, but they are from the Middle East. Notice anything about the way they dress?

MAC36_WARCRIMES_POST06.jpg

Below is a picture of Yazidis women. Yazidis are not Muslims, Monty, but they are from the Middle East. Notice anything about the way they dress?

Jesus - you are not making this easy

Below is a picture of some women who live at the same latitude as Riyadh. Do you notice anything about the way they dress?

Chinese_cheongsam_fashion_showing_oriental_beauty_4.jpg

Yes, and there is a code of modesty for women in Orthodox Judaism too. And I'm sure you'd see feminists gleefully wrapping themselves in the respective clothing were they to visit somewhere like Mea She'arim in Jerusalem where wearing head scarves is a "local custom" for women.

And they would be hypocritical c*nts for doing so. As my feminist girlfriend was when she wore one during our visit.

What is your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post

Anyway, that's clearly an example of Shah Here law
    3 is rather saucy-looking, I must say *twirlsmoustache*

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    2 might be a man, mate.

I liked the Shah. He had a kind face.
    2 looks like Shami Chakrabarti.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    3 is rather saucy-looking, I must say *twirlsmoustache*
    If you need any extra stimulation, I think I can see her knickers hanging on the washing line.